Introducing CellarTracker.org (Beta)

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by trickytunadicky, Jan 27, 2016.

1. highlyhopped16

highlyhopped16

very cool, just signed up. Ill be sure to comment with feedback later on

Gonzoillini and fear025 like this.
  2. fear025

fear025

[​IMG]

New feature: Charting

It's limited to a few predetermined charts right now, just bar charts of Breweries and Styles.

3. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Judge away with regard to what is in our cellar, too.

sliverx likes this.
  4. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

I created a new cellar with "Misc Style 1", I believe it was called. I wanted to see how it all looked, but was too lazy to get up and go to my cellar so I looked around, spotted a 4-pack of Aquanaut Misterioso on the kitchen counter, and tried manually entering it.

I went to my cellar and clicked New Item. Both the brewery and the beer popped up in the dropdowns and, when I chose them, autopopulated some of the fields. However, I disagreed with a couple of the values (I wanted to call it an American Porter instead of an English Porter, and Aquanaut reports the ABV as 6.0 rather than 6.20 both on their site and on the can), so I manually updated them. Then I added the description from the brewery's website in the rich text Comments field, scrolled to the top, and clicked Save.

I was taken to the URL https://cellartracker.org/item/save which threw a 403 error:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /item/save on this server.​

On a side note, have you considered putting a Save button at the bottom of the New Item screen?

I look forward to giving this a shot!

Gonzoillini likes this.
  5. fear025

fear025

Thanks for the bug report, there is some pretty hefty security that is loaded on the site, and I'm still getting some false positives. Please try again, and see if it goes through this time.

Currently, the site gets a lot of it's data from http://brewerydb.com , which is probably where that ABV of 6.0 vs 6.2 is coming from. Eventually we'd like to have a way to submit updated data back to that system, but there's nothing like that in place.

Thanks for the feedback on the save button location, that's a very good idea.

Also, while the comments field can be used for a description of the beer, after you've saved the item for the first time, you should see another place to put description and images (on the right hand side of the screen if on a pc, or below if mobile). Those descriptions are automatically being loaded from brewerydb when available, but you can also submit a description there yourself if it's blank or needs to be updated.

We really appreciate your feedback!

6. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Yep, it went through this time with no problems. Also, good heads up on the description/image fields...I actually like that better, because I can enter the bare minimum initially and then fill things in as needed. However, the brewerydb description & image were pretty darn good for Misterioso (matched what was on the brewery's site), so I didn't have to make any updates.

Thanks for the response & fix!

fear025 and mateoloco like this.
  7. fear025

fear025

Update 3/4/2016
    Bug fixed: Move items between picklists now working again
    Enhancement: Link URLs moved to tabbed section of the item page, to better reflect their shared nature.
    Enhancement: brewerydb.com link added to URL section whenever it is present

Gonzoillini likes this.
  8. raspor

raspor

after just loading my cellar sheet in the thing that bothers me straight away is that beer name is to left of brewery since I got the other way around in my cellar sheet

9. raspor

raspor

maybe also have the chart step numbered on the top aswell

fear025 likes this.
  10. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Views are customizable so you can arrange the columns in the order that best suits you. On the Cellars screen, select the cellar you want to manage, select Edit, Views, then the view you wish to change and view columns. From there you can arrange columns in whichever order you wish. At any time you can make rearrangements or restore defaults.

11. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Why in fucking hell do you guys have so much DFH?

12. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Do you even Steak and D'extra, bro?

13. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

While I can attest that a medium rare steak and Raison D'Extra is fantastic, I'd be curious to see the breakdown of your DFH cellar as I'm assuming some of it might be cellar casualties.

14. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

In order: D'Extra, Olde School, 120 Min, Immort and a few stragglers I probably don't need to be sitting on.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  15. neorunner

neorunner

1 DFH in my cellar and it's the wife's Savor Flowers :confused:

Gonzoillini likes this.
  16. raspor

raspor

me again whith question or anoying suggestions. is there a setting to have all the sizes in ml instead some in ml and some in oz?

here comes my rant about like cellarhq it becomes to centered on american thinking
    I give you props that you allow letters from scandinavian languages something that took cellerhq some time

17. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

The goal is to have it be as user friendly as possible. The US has some goofy labeling laws when it comes to booze (beer can be in oz, and typically is, but wine of any kind, including mead must be in mL), so we are open to maintaining both as needed. To make it more usable for everyone, the database does learn, so if there is a size you need that you don't see, you should be able to type it in instead of selecting from the list.

18. raspor

raspor

it´s just that in spread sheet I uploaded everything was in ml but the site then changed it oz on the 355 and 650 ml to Oz instead

19. fear025

fear025

When a size that is not listed is imported, we set it to a default of 22 oz. We can go ahead and add 355ml and 650ml sizes to the size list, which should allow those sizes to be imported.

Gonzoillini and trickytunadicky like this.
  20. raspor

raspor

thanks, is just the ocd in my head that gets bugged by it being in to diffrent systems

Gonzoillini likes this.