US - Midwest Iowa Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by bottlecaps80, Dec 6, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. bottlecaps80

bottlecaps80

Anybody else from Iowa on here? Post Iowa beer news, info, whatever in here!

Peace Tree Templeton Red bottles just hit shelves in Des Moines today. Red Rambler aged 12 months in Templeton Rye barrels. Picked up 2 today for $9.99/bomber. Hoping the barrel treatment does it justice, but willing to take the chance at that price!

PurityControl88 and yamar68 like this.
  2. alexander

alexander

Wow, huge action on the Iowa thread!

Heisenbeer likes this.
  3. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

I heard Surly is sending brews to Iowa. Hope that is statewide so I can get in on that in Council Bluffs.

poopinmybutt likes this.
  4. richardflyr

richardflyr

Don't mind me, I'm just lurking to keep my brothers abreast of Iowa happenings...

MKtheGeneral likes this.
  5. alexander

alexander

The North Dakota thread is catching up quick!

jarrgal likes this.
  6. brystmar

brystmar

Where the CIB updates at?

7. markgugs

markgugs

apparently TG tweeted that Assassin will be released Mem Day weekend...didn't see that posted anywhere else on TB

8. alexander

alexander

So they hinted. Can't expect this to be much of a secret. It'll be madness, as have been most events everywhere over the last few years. But for brew that good we'll keep doing them anyway.

9. elkhunter36

elkhunter36

TG beer alert! Assassin 2014 release is all going to distribution. We will post the details online tonight.

10. Jaminjohnson

Jaminjohnson

Holy crap! I should be able to get like 5 of these shelf beers for a fuzzy now!

11. daniel

daniel

Can't really blame them for wanting to avoid another Huna Day disaster.

elkhunter36 likes this.
  12. mattafett

mattafett

The "Mug Club" is guaranteed 1 bottle, the rest will apparently go to distro. I suspect they will also hold some back for sale at the tap room. This is essentially what happened last year, though a smaller amount went to distro.

jeblikesbeer likes this.
  13. sacrelicio

sacrelicio

Any idea how much Assassin will be made?

14. elkhunter36

elkhunter36

Just posted:

Soon, our barrels of Assassin (our barrel aged imperial stout) will be ready to be blended and bottled. We had been planning on having a brewery only release at our taproom brewery, but have decided against it. As those of you know that have visited us, our taproom is quite small and has very limited parking. Although we have offered all we can, we have been unable to secure any additional parking for this years event. That fact, coupled with the number of our loyal fans that make the trek, have left us with the tough decisions of deciding against a release. Not wanting to let you down is the main reason we are doing this. We have decided that when the time comes and the beer is in bottles, most of it will be released to distribution. This will undoubtedly disappoint some local people, so we are going to offer all mug club members the chance to purchase one bottle each, at cost. The details of this will be emailed to all members after we bottle it. Also, to pay back all the loyal locals who come in on a daily basis, I will from time to time just bring a case over with out announcement and it will be for sale at cost while supplies last. Who knows, maybe even a keg or two will show up too!

This years Assassin could be one of our best. The barrels Mike was able to acquire are yielding very exciting flavors and a smoothness in the body that helps carry these flavors to your senses when sipping the treasure.

As far as Kentucky Brunch Gold Label and Mornin’ Delight, we have not decided what to do. Although we want to see all of you in person for a release, we may have grown too large for our current location. Mike is guessing we may yield 200 -400 bottles of Kentucky Brunch Gold.

Our long term goal is to have releases at our new brewery, which is better suited for parking, music, bottle share, etc. Hopefully we will be ready for that in 2015.

Thanks again for supporting us and our endeavors to please you with our creations. Making great beer and providing you with the best possible experience when you visit is our driving force! -Clark, Barb and Mike

brystmar likes this.
  15. mattafett

mattafett

I tweeted them, and they expect a yield of 2000-2500 bottles of Assassin. I assume bombers, like in the past.

16. bdogg

bdogg

I have heard some VERY, VERY good things about TG. Would love to get my west coast hands on some of that stuff. Thanks for the update BTW.

mattafett likes this.
  17. sacrelicio

sacrelicio

Anyone get Naughty Temple? Can't believe they were selling it by the case.

18. mattafett

mattafett

I
    It's gone already. 2 case limit. TG is all about the hype and quick sale of this shit

19. sacrelicio

sacrelicio

Yup. I'm at the taproom now, my buddy got one bottle. Oh well, I got David.

20. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls

CIB on tap at Keg Stand!!!!!

brystmar likes this.