ISO: 50N proxy

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer, Cider, and Mead)' started by coldstorage, May 1, 2018.

1. coldstorage

coldstorage

might as well get this nonsense underway just in case there is someone out there at the moment willing to help....

Hi,
    A few
    two of us bought some trios because one of our buddies said he could make it to Cantillon in the next three months, but it's becoming increasingly clear that's not true we are stupid shitlords. So while no one is going to cry us a river, we're in a tight spot.
    I'm more than happy to pay for shipping, shipper, etc, and to send a very nice, big thank you box, and you can pick and choose stuff that goes in there.
    I realize this is a big ask from a stranger. I'll definitely show my gratitude.
    Shoot me a PM. I can get all hops from
    Mass and Maine, sometimes VT russian river. If you'd rather some sours or farmhouse ales (TM), I have some HF, Side project, etc. Sara’s cellar and other sara beers
    I've only traded on TB a few times, but I'm on here way too much (see the shittiest deals on BA thread off topic sub for evidence) if that helps at all.
    Thanks.

So... yeah this was probably a donation to cantillon for us but whatever. I’m totally willing to ship a nice international thank you box here as that’s much more likely than arranging last minute proxy from a quintessence attendee but I’ll entertain any scenario that can get these six beers to California.

Also: NClambicguy

2. sherm1016

sherm1016

I think you're going about this all wrong.

See here for further details.

3. tikk

tikk

You've been here since 2015, plenty of time not to be a stranger. Two and half years is plenty of time to host a LIF, offer some C+S, or give back to the community in a multitude of ways. Instead of just coming out when you're "in a tight spot". Hopefully someone will help you out. If they do, I hope you will choose to be a more active member and pay it forward down the road

4. Compton25

Compton25

[​IMG]

5. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

Here since 2015 with only 3300 messages
    [​IMG]

6. coldstorage

coldstorage

It seems there are a few generous TBers who can help me get my bottles if they can keep one allotment.
    I know it’s 2018 but I really didn’t double up so while I do appreciate anyone willing to propose a helfpful solution im not yet entertaining offers that involve me not getting the that beer i'm trying to get :)

...but we may well get to that point!

nb4 "charge yr phone"

[​IMG]

(Punchline, the "friends of a friend" wont be anywhere near Brussels....:rolleyes:...)

7. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

But he pulled the trigger!

KevSal and Marc like this.
  8. iong516

iong516

The generosity on this site knows no bounds!

9. Compton25

Compton25

[​IMG]

BoatsAndHoes

10. Hot Dog Sandwich

Hot Dog Sandwich

[​IMG]

11. coldstorage

coldstorage

12. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

Zach, mateoloco, BrandoSF and 13 others like this.
  13. oregonskibum

oregonskibum

If I had been stupid and purchased a 3-pack without a proxy, I would have offered to cover the shipping on a 20 kilo BIAB box back to the US (70 euro). Then offer to split the space in the box. Proxy gets to ship back a couple bottles of cheap Lambic. Desperate proxy-less beer nerd gets his precious bottles. Problem solved. Of course, that would have only worked well yesterday. Oops.

14. coldstorage

coldstorage

But.. that’s what I offered? (I mean I wasn’t explicit about ppl putting their own bottles in but yeah idgaf go ahead)....Plus thank you beers? And... offered it yesterday?

Desperate? Stupid?
    Fuck the community?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    NClambicguy, Marc and BrandoSF like this.
  15. AlAnonymous

AlAnonymous

Pretty sure I got a message from belgiuminabox last week saying they would be there and were offering their proxy/shipping services, but I didn't even think about it until re-reading this thread this morning.

nothingisreal likes this.
  16. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

So the word I got from a buddy over there is that they ended up leaving early yesterday cause the van was full and said they would be back today (Cantillon allowed pickups today because of the craziness yesterday) and they didn't show back up today. Pretty wild stuff.

nothingisreal likes this.
  17. Digita7693

Digita7693

Kurt/biab was 100% there today. I’d be careful before casting aspersions and spreading spurious rumors.

tacosandbeer and Marc like this.
  18. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

Ok, didn't mean for that to sound like I was talking bad about them. I just was told that they weren't there at the time my buddy went. Maybe he missed them. Not sure what to tell you

Digita7693 likes this.
  19. Digita7693

Digita7693

Not saying you had nefarious intent, but coming on site that spends a lot at biab and saying that they failed on a promise, wouldn’t be particularly good for them.
    Kurt was in traffic, showed up around 12, filled everything up and went back to Antwerp. Now you know the rest of the story. :)

capnmike and jdhende like this.
  20. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

Appreciate that. I'm pretty sure my buddy went there before he arrived. Kurt has been very good to me over the years so my comment was far from saying he is anything but a man of his words. I get that things come up and complicate things.

Digita7693 likes this.