ISO: Fantome Hiver 2010 FT: Fou Foune+

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer, Cider, and Mead)' started by beeraroundtown, May 27, 2018.

1. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

Looking for Fantome Hiver 2010. Have a Cantillon Fou Foune and can add some other Cantillon or De Garde beers? What you need to get this done?

2. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

Is this too random of a ISO? If anyone has one, let me know, I’ll try to make it worth it. Sixer of Loons and De Gardes? Other Tomes? New fangled hazy or glitter beers? What’s your juice?

Or if you’d like to roll out to rural Oregon and join in a 10yr vertical of Hiver, that’s a thing too.

3. iguenard

iguenard

I had a case of this beer back then. I suffered through it. 9 of 12 were infected. If I had any left, I would feel bad making you roll the dice on such a beautiful return

4. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

Infected how?

5. fogindex

fogindex

BrandoSF does our local tome honeyhole have any of this vintage? I gave an 08 Hiver to Adair & Tim a couple years ago.

beeraroundtown and BrandoSF like this.
  6. danbanana

danbanana

This is a strange question coming from someone looking for a Fantome beer from the early Aughts...

7. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

Strange how? More intrigued by what was going on with it. Infected is a very broad term.

Evahflow, mrk_d and stakem like this.
  8. BrandoSF

BrandoSF

Not on the menu currently, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I’ll check

9. Stubs

Stubs

Fantome went though a period where many of his beers were infected. Tasted like rubbery tire fires. There are quite a few tome experts on here who could elaborate further.

lurchingbeast stakem dontdrinkbeer

You might wanna slow your roll.

10. stakem

stakem

The person you guys are tossing stones at is no stranger to tomedom. In fact, id wager he knows more about tomes than all three goofballs you tagged in this post.

The hiver vintage he is after predates the rubber tire fire era and is actually from a time period right around what I consider to be the best vintages of tomes anyone could possibly be looking for to drink right meow

11. Stubs

Stubs

I'm not throwing any stones homie. Just getting the facts straight by contacting the right folks is all. Which just happened.

Moondog, beeraroundtown and stakem like this.
  12. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

Yah, appreciate the heads up, but this would be pre Rauchtome era. I’m just missing a year from a vertical I was putting together, accidentally opened my ‘10 a while back and trying to replace.

Thanks

PurityControl88 and iguenard like this.
  13. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown

And I took no offense, and stakem is greatly overstating my understanding of the tomeverse, just another along for the wild ride

14. regularjohn

regularjohn

Had a 2010 hiver and i can confirm it's still the best tome i ever drank. Hope you get one beeraroundtown

15. ElkSherpa

ElkSherpa

Off topic, but somewhat relevant:

Fun info: What many refer to as "infected", in reference to several years of Fantôme beers tasting burnt, smokey, tire fire, etc, was actually the result of a direct fire burner applying heat to a mashing vessel without a false bottom. As such, grain resting on the bottom of the vessel was being scorched.