ISO: My first trade

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer, Cider, and Mead)' started by BeerandNoise, Sep 25, 2018.

1. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

The titles says it all, joined the site this year and looking to do my first trade. I'm in Portland so could acquire any beers around here. I also, may be able to get some bottles at De Garde this weekend (check the current bottle list). I have a reasonable cellar- I'm open to sharing some options. aAso, have a case of The commons "urban farmhouse" which is an amazing beer that no longer exists. Open to discussing details, but would like to start doing some trades and trying some new things!

-Cheers.

tylerk88, Padraig, rrrjjj and 18 others like this.
  2. tosh

tosh

Just a suggestion, but maybe join a BIF? It might be a good way to start out.

There is the Cantalina one just getting going, will be a great easy start as it is all about local beer and only a 6 shipper.

MKtheGeneral, tikk, rrrjjj and 16 others like this.
  3. libbey

libbey

Agree with tosh that a BIF is a great way to get your feet wet. Also you should give some sort of list of what you’d like to try and what you have to possibly trade. Open ended posts like this rarely get traction.

If you want to do something in person locally I’d be down to swap something for a bottle of that Urban.

tikk, rrrjjj, ccbstl and 17 others like this.
  4. iong516

iong516

I have a 3 shipper coming next week and can reuse the packaging if you wanna do a low key trade for some shelf available Sante Adairius at some point. If you're interested shoot me a message, or if you're looking for something a little more out of your region, no worries.

KevSal, ccbstl, capnmike and 10 others like this.
  5. davey101

davey101

Phin, ccbstl, capnmike and 18 others like this.
  6. jmgrub

jmgrub

I just wanna know why your avatar is a picture of Antonin Scalia on Ash Wednesday. We can take this to the Toxics if necessary.

7. abawol01

abawol01

I would trade you just about anything I have for a bottle or two of Urban Farmhouse.

Also local to Portland is that helps. Back the fuck off off libbey

ggfunk, ExPimp, rrrjjj and 10 others like this.
  8. jmgrub

jmgrub

Myrtle > Urban Farmhouse

ggfunk, box_social, mateoloco and 2 others like this.
  9. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Stay confused... it can make you expand your intelligence.

jbeezification and mborden like this.
  10. jmgrub

jmgrub

OK

11. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

This may be true, depends on the day. But, I guess their both extinct. Replaced with over priced beer and tabs in cassette tape cases.

12. jmgrub

jmgrub

I like Modern Times and miss The Commons. Was weird driving by the old Commons space when I was in Portland a few weeks ago.

13. mborden

mborden

14. BigFrank

BigFrank

I concur in part and dissent in part. I will write separate opinions as to each part. Each opinion will be broken up into even smaller topics which you may or may not agree with. You will need a chart to figure out overall how I conclude as to the issue as a whole.

15. capnmike

capnmike

I also can’t recommend the Catalina enough. In addition to a “trade” you get a mystery sender, you get to lord your identity over your target, and a ready-made place to hang out and BS.

[​IMG]

facesnorth, ccbstl, davey101 and 3 others like this.
  16. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

Remind me...have you signed up yet?

Locker338 and capnmike like this.
  17. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Yes, you sent me the google sign up today, so I should be in the catalina. Very much looking forward to it.