Other Stuff ISO: Stroller FT: Lambic?

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer and other stuff)' started by Digita7693, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Digita7693

Digita7693

So apparently this is a thing?

If someone is willing to get one online or wherever I have lots of lambic. Looking for a Bugaboo bee 5 w bassinet.

Send me a message.
    Or threadshit, I don't care. :)

ASUBeer, trio2shine, Saind and 11 others like this.
  2. sherm1016

sherm1016

Congrats?

3. Digita7693

Digita7693

LOL thanks. Should I have led with that?;)

4. skrip

skrip

congrats again man!!

Digita7693 likes this.
  5. jivex5k

jivex5k

I have a gently used Target shopping cart available. Shoot me a pm.

6. Digita7693

Digita7693

With the electronic locking wheels, so it’s difficult to take off premises? Respect!

7. jivex5k

jivex5k

No, it's a vintage model.

8. Hot Dog Sandwich

Hot Dog Sandwich

brystmar, ASUBeer, quirkzoo and 7 others like this.
  9. bigred

bigred

Are you seriously looking at an $800 stroller? Shit.

[​IMG]

MooseLang and Digita7693 like this.
  10. jivex5k

jivex5k

Babies aren't expensive, you just have to change your perspective.

[​IMG]

KevSal, jtmartino, ExPimp and 2 others like this.
  11. MikeG

MikeG

First of all, congrats.

Second of all, as a dad of 2, let me just say that strollers are all bullshit. We spent a shitload on 2 different fancy strollers for our first kid (stroller/car seat combo and running stroller). Second kid got a $60 Summer baby umbrella stroller which has outlasted all the other supposedly superior strollers.

But I suppose it's hard to talk the lady out of a super fancy protected stroller combo thing. So good luck.

12. sherm1016

sherm1016

As a father of two, the latter of which has just recently stopped using a stroller, I agree with this.

Our best / most used stroller was the cheapest one (call it a high-end umbrella stroller - I think it was this). That said, you do need one that can specifically hold a newborn.

But once they have enough neck strength, umbrella stroller all the way.

Good luck!

KevSal, jtmartino, BadJustin and 3 others like this.
  13. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Congrats Don!!

I hope you guys don't mind if I use you as a source when trying to convince my wife away from the $600 stroller she has been eyeing.

ASUBeer, mjohnson17, KevSal and 10 others like this.
  14. Hot Dog Sandwich

Hot Dog Sandwich

If your better half is set on a specific stroller, try to find one lightly used on ebay, craigslist, facebook or other online "markets." Good deal of gentle used baby items out there, we got our BOB for half of retail. And just as nice.

Beer4B, KevSal, Stubs and 5 others like this.
  15. sherm1016

sherm1016

Fine by me.

But again, you need something to transport the newborn. We had some sort of three-in-one (Graco I think) that was a car seat (newborn to 30#) and a stroller (that the car seat attached to when they were a newborn). I think this system was like $400. The bigger stoller was ok, but it didn't get nearly the miles of the umbrella stroller.

One problem with those 3-in-1 deals though, that we almost ran afoul of - most car seats expire after 5 years. Depending on the ages of your kids, you might end up having to buy a new car seat and/or a while new 3-in-1 system.

16. steimie

steimie

Spend the big bucks on a good bike when the time comes. That kind of money for a stroller is just ridiculous.

Also, congratulations!! This is just the first of 20+ years of crazy expenses.

17. stupac2

stupac2

This is the stroller we use and it's awesome: http://www.babyjogger.com/en-US/city-mini®-gt

Still $350, but that saves you a whole bunch of coin... We got an infant insert for it, but that was cheap. Looking at the one your SO wants, I don't like the way it looks. Besides looking cheaply made for an $800 stroller, the wheels are really small which will be annoying as fuck if you're actually using it. It looks too tall for the kid to get in and out of it once they're able to, which you'll want because they get heavy and I have elbow pain from lifting the damn load. The way that the handlebars go makes it so you can't put something like this on it, and that thing has been super handy.

Anyway, maybe my wife and I are just smug assholes, but any time we see strollers like that we're just like "thank god we got a good one for half the price!" Take it for whatever it's worth.

(As for the "not really worth it" thing, eh, I dunno, it depends on your kid, some of them will only sleep while moving and then a good stroller is worth the world. Do you really need one that will last into their 2's? I guess not, we're getting by okay without it at 2.5. But it's still nice for when he's being a little shit and refusing to walk.)

brystmar, jtmartino, TheBus and 3 others like this.
  18. steimie

steimie

Babystupac'd

ASUBeer, mrk_d, beerinnv and 6 others like this.
  19. AlAnonymous

AlAnonymous

+1

+1

jtmartino and Digita7693 like this.
  20. Digita7693

Digita7693

Lots of great advice, thank you! Was looking at Bob as I run a lot.

I’ll close this for now then.

Also iso recs for a baby carrier.

Cheers

jtmartino and skrip like this.