ISO: sugar water for the kids FT: six pack, truck, and oysters & gueuze

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by box_social, Jun 12, 2018.

1. box_social

box_social

Yes, it's that time of the year again - Brews for New Avenues!

This year marks the 7th annual Brews for New Avenues craft beer auction to benefit New Avenues for Youth and will be held on Saturday, August 25th at the Leftbank Annex in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Just like the previous years, we will be doing our very best to make this event bigger and better than the previous and we have every intention on hitting that goal, but we can't do it alone.

As a member of the Advisory Council, it is my great pleasure to help put together the Wall of Beer which gives attendees the chance to walk out with some bottles of great craft beer that will be sure to put a smile on the face and a buzz in the belly of everyone from beer novice to seasoned veteran. To ensure we are putting our best efforts forward, I am reaching out to the esteemed members of Talk Beer to reach deep into those cellars, closets, and unspecified storage vessels and donate some bottles of delicious sugar water to help fill up our Wall of Beer.

A lot of our long-time supporters and donors like to use the BFNA event as a cellar thinning event of sorts and that is essentially what I'm looking for here - definitely not looking for whales, super limited locals, or things on that spectrum. Those boxes of Bruery bottles you'll never get around to? Send em over. That broken Eclipse vertical that makes you shake your head when you walk past it? Right here. All those HF shelf saisons you thought you'd drink right away? Yes, please. Remember those New Glarus 750s you have stashed away? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

We're especially looking for out-of-market beers, preferably in the 500ml/22oz/750ml range that can take some age and are not time-sensitive (no IPAs, Hefes, Lagers, Pils, etc!) The real emphasis is to put a quality craft beer in someone's hand who would likely not have access to it and at the same time maximize these donations for New Avenues.

----------
    Official BFNA statement with links:
    The "Wall of Beer" continues to be one of the highlights of Brews for New Avenues, allowing both seasoned cicerones and novice collectors to purchase a unique, cellarable bottle of beer, while at the same time raising thousands of dollars for our programs for homeless and at-risk youth.
    This year's Wall of Beer promises to be better than ever, but we need your help! In addition to the original $10 per bottle Wall of Beer, we will once again feature a "Premier Wall of Beer" where, for $20, guests will have the opportunity to select from higher-valued bottles specifically curated for the event.

You can help us reach out goal of 1,000 bottles by donating a bottle (or a case!) today. CLICK HERE to let us know what you'd like to contribute, and we'll follow up with all the details.

P.S. Don't forget - the fair market value of your in-kind donation of a bottle is tax-deductable - just CLICK HERE to pledge your support.
    ----------

In addition to the Wall of Beer and the Premier Wall of Beer, we will also once again be featuring the Wall of Lambic (thanks to SeaWatchman and lambic.info!) to truly take this event experience to the next level. In the spirit of the event, I will once again be giving away some fine local beer to those who donate some bottles to the event. To kick things up a notch this year, I will also be putting up my ticket to the Oysters & Gueuze event at Park Avenue West Tower in Portland the evening before the Brews for New Avenues event which will feature special bottle pours from Cantillon, a bottle auction, a selection of draft lambic, and plenty of freshly shucked oysters on the half shell!

TL;DR:

I will be giving away a mixed six-pack of fine Oregon beers to a winner that will be chosen via random number generator
    If we get to 20 donations, I will do a second giveaway for a bottle of The Broken Truck #4
    If we get to 40 donations, I will do a third giveaway for a ticket to the Oysters & Gueuze event

Rules:
    - We will accept donations from everywhere but I ask that you have a shipping address in the lower 48 if you win (or provide a label if you are out of the lower 48 area)
    - The Oysters & Gueuze ticket will have your name on it at the door; if you win and will not be at the event but want to give it to a friend who will be attending, we can work that out (no shitlordery, please)
    - Three bottle/48oz minimum donation, but each donation of three bottles/48oz gets you an extra entry! Donate six bottles, get two entries; donate a case, get four entries.
    - All donations MUST be received by Wednesday August 1st - NO EXCEPTIONS! If your box is not in on the 1st, you will be dropped from the lottery. We seriously need these donations in as early as possible and it becomes chaos when they trickle in last minute and even the day of the event.

Thanks to all of our long-time donors and supporters who keep coming back and digging deep to make this (IMO) the best beer event of the year in Portland and let's work together to make this year even better once again! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, comments, etc.

Daniel

brystmar, rrrjjj, uvm2003 and 33 others like this.
  2. JulianB

JulianB

I'm in as usual, 6-shipper incoming once I sort out what I'm donating.

3. box_social

box_social

4. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

Thanks, box_social ! For those wondering/waiting, we will get our call for bottles going within the next week or so as well as announce the bottles that we’ll have in the raffle!

This year we will continue taking lambic bottle donations for the Wall of Lambic and offering you spots in our raffle in return as well as the option to purchase raffle tickets at $10 each.

We were so fortunate enough to pick up about 50 75cl bottles of lambic in Belgium for the from Tilquin, 3F, Cantillon, and Beersel so we’re already well on our way!

Please reach out to me personally if you’re already thinking of donating some lambic and I can make it happen!

See you all in August!

5. box_social

box_social

1. JulianB
    2. innuendobrewskiman63

also, this is open to other donations aside from Wall of Beer. auction packages and Wall of Lambic donations arriving before Aug 1st can be added to this list!

6. JulianB

JulianB

Is there a specific request list for Wall of Lambic or can we just send in anything decent? And I don't mean a bottle of Lindemann's Framboise purchased off the shelf today.

7. JulianB

JulianB

Also is mead allowed as a donation, or just beer?

8. box_social

box_social

yeah I would think anything decent counts, but SeaWatchman has the final word on that.

we will take all of your mead for sure

9. kscaldef

kscaldef

Add me to the list, although I probably won't drop bottles off for a couple weeks

10. box_social

box_social

11. MordorMongo

MordorMongo

12. box_social

box_social

13. box_social

box_social

duketheredeemer and Gonzoillini like this.
  14. winthrop

winthrop

In. PtY 10-year vertical for live auction package.

15. dimensionx

dimensionx

In. Found a case of case of Miller High Life(pre Coors) that I bought in high school, should be primed.

Additionally, I did find 3/4ths of a Seasons set, but it needs a Winter to be complete... You know what to do Talk Beer.

You need to donate a bottle of Winter to complete the set (in case that wasn't clear).

16. winthrop

winthrop

This counts, rite? #seasonalAF
    [​IMG]

17. box_social

box_social

18. dimensionx

dimensionx

[​IMG]
    double points for being an out of market beer

To clarify, these are my donation regardless if you reprobates add a Winter or not.

19. box_social

box_social

four more weeks! local donation drop spots should be announced soon.

dimensionx and duketheredeemer like this.
  20. iong516

iong516

Will send out a box once back from a VT trip in two weeks. Cutting it close... meh