ISO: VSOJ FT: Jester King + anything else around Austin, Ale Apothecary

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer, Cider, and Mead)' started by air, Nov 20, 2018.

1. air

air

Jester King: Any of the 500 mL bottles. I have Atrial, MvB, Fen Tao, Aurelian Lure, can also grab the 3 upcoming releases this weekend (Tempranillo, Sangiovese, Blanc du Bois) as well as any SPON bottles on the to-go list

Honestly haven't done a trade in very long - would 4x 500mL bottles for 2x 4 packs be considered even?

Also willing to trade a Double Peach La Tache or other Ale Apothecary club exclusive bottles.

2. iong516

iong516

I don't think anybody is giving up two 4 packs unless it's for razzle. I had three different people send me 1-2 cans, and it was pretty cool of them to do so.

3. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

I drove a few buddies down to the VSOJ release from my group of friends I primarily drink beer with. They're way more active trading than I am and would be categorized as tickers. I've seen 3 or 4 bonkers offers for VSOJ that I've sent them in case they were interested and even those dudes don't want to give up 4 of their 8 cans together in a package.

Your best bet is to try and shake down a can or two somewhere along the line. Maybe even in a month or two after all the Rev releases are done and somebody is staring at 50 cans of BA beer.

Hopefully that helps. I don't pay enough attention to know what "secondary" is or "what they're going for." I just don't really take risks anymore by trading away great beer. If it's already great, then I'll just drink the greatness.

ExPimp, Padraig, capnmike and 2 others like this.
  4. air

air

Cheers. I have the exact same approach on trading and I mostly drink what I have available locally. Was just throwing those numbers out there - proof I'm clueless on the perceived value on these cans.

I'm even fine trading a 500 ml bottle (and I would guess they want like an Atrial) for 2 cans or something like that. However I'd also want to include other things in that trade to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

5. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

Your best bet then would probably be to trade for an array of Rev cans in January after the 4th release. You can still get a can of VSOJ along with a bunch of other varieties. I could see that working out. If you're really good at randomly guessing things and posting video game gifs, there's a VSOJ can available in the video game LIF thread currently.

capnmike, iong516 and MattyPrize like this.
  6. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

I traded pips bottle(s) for vsoj and honestly I think I just found the right people.

7. AndresR

AndresR

Don't sleep on that Rev Ryeway when it drops next month. I was all eyes on Straight Jacket, and it straight up got all Natalie Portman from Closer in that one scene, on me!

Trying to say....I very much enjoyed it.

capnmike, air and liquiddegenerate like this.