Toxic Topic ITT: DMB

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by WhalezB4Rarez, Nov 15, 2018.

1. WhalezB4Rarez

WhalezB4Rarez

Since there seemed to be some action in the 2018 Secret Costanza thread about DMB why not their own thread?

[​IMG]

duceswild, Fingolfin, ASak10 and 6 others like this.
  2. MikeJones

MikeJones

INB4 this gets tagged toxic.

3. Stubs

Stubs

Didnt realize what DMB stands for....

Grandpasimpsonwalksinandout.gif

4. BigFrank

BigFrank

No joke, Dave Matthew stole pizza from me. Total dick move.
    [​IMG]

5. mattafett

mattafett

Saw DMB and Neil Young perform together. Do I win?

WhalezB4Rarez, iamjeff6 and MikeJones like this.
  6. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Did Dave perform Heart of Gold?

MikeJones likes this.
  7. mattafett

mattafett

It was 4 songs
    Watchtower
    Cortez The Killer
    Rockin in the free world
    Taps

8. MikeJones

MikeJones

I've been to 46 shows starting in 2003 with Central Park. My best friend loved them and I did not at all. Always told me you have to see them live and you'll get it but I was young and broke and wouldn't drop the money on a show. One day he said he got free tickets so I couldn't argue with him.

His cousin is FDNY and worked the show so he got us through the crowd and as near to the front as we could get. You can see us on the DVD during Grey Street.

Highlights include Central Park, Dave & Tim at Radio City, and Big Whiskey's album release at The Beacon.

duceswild, ASak10, Brez07 and 5 others like this.
  9. libbey

libbey

Full
    Story

10. BigFrank

BigFrank

In college I worked concert setup and security. We would show up in the middle of the night, set up the stage, lights and speakers, take a break in the afternoon and then come back to work the show as security. After the show we would then break everything down and load on to the trucks.

He came to Ames in '96. I was loading trucks at the behind the stage. Several of us had chipped in to buy pizza for when we were done. The guy delivered it and it sat on a table adjacent to where we were working and next to the hallway that led to the dressing rooms. I watched DM come out from the hallway and pass by the pizza. He turned around, came back, and grabbed all of the boxes (5-6). He then walked up the ramp to his bus, got on and took off. Took me a minute before I realized what he had done.

#neverforget
    [​IMG]

11. mborden

mborden

I hope
    This thread is short but sweet for certain

12. libbey

libbey

I think I love Dave even more now.

13. WhalezB4Rarez

WhalezB4Rarez

For those of you who don't know a musician Ryley Walker Jr covered the whole Lillywhite Sessions and the album is out today.

14. iamjeff6

iamjeff6

I got you beat.

Saw DMB perform on a private island in the Bahamas

15. tikk

tikk

*DUMB

davey101, kbuzz, mborden and 2 others like this.
  16. gregkoko

gregkoko

79 shows from 5/25/99 to 12/21/12. That last show just fucking broke me. I'm sure I'll see them again at some point, but hoo boy was that a bad one. MikeJones I'm sure we were at a TON of the same shows (including Central Park and Beacon). Red Rocks 05 was definitely the high point for me even if the tour was sort of shit.

WhalezB4Rarez, ASak10, joe and 3 others like this.
  17. iamjeff6

iamjeff6

In high school I hated them, couple years after I fell in love. Even got my hardcore/punk buddy hooked on them too.

I even have lyrics tattooed on me and my license plate is GRUXKNG

MikeJones and WhalezB4Rarez like this.
  18. MikeJones

MikeJones

I definitely have seen some sub par shows. It's more just tradition with me and my friends now. The couple of local shows a summer. I haven't traveled anywhere to see them in years, although I still want to do The Gorge at least once.

libbey, WhalezB4Rarez and mattafett like this.
  19. mattafett

mattafett

I have two DMB tattoos. One on my leg that is the fire dancer, and another that has nothing to do with DMB overall, but has a fire dancer in the smoke from a campfire

WhalezB4Rarez, gregkoko and iamjeff6 like this.
  20. WhalezB4Rarez

WhalezB4Rarez

I've been to 25 DMB shows with my first show being at Veterans Stadium 5/21/1999. I was also at the Central Park concert. DMB was my favorite band for most of the late 90s early 00s. But then their song output started to get subpar and I started liking other bands. Friends I would go see DMB with weren't interested anymore and I gave up on them and didn't see them in 2008 or 2009. But in 2010 I heard they were going to be "taking a break" in 2011 so I felt I should go see them since the next time they would play would be 2012. (as we all know that was a lie as they did Caravan.) I also made new friends that were into seeing DMB so I decided to start going with them.

While I don't like a ton of their output from 2005-now I still enjoy the "classics" and I go to the show to enjoy it while they're still here even though two original members are gone.

Also did anyone else around here download the leaked Batson Sessions?

ASak10, mattafett and gregkoko like this.