ITT - Gearheads and Rides

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by willseph, Aug 22, 2013.

1. willseph

willseph

Any of you guys also love cars? I've had a few fun ones, would love to see what you guys have or had.

Bought myself a 2002 Z28 with 3k miles on it as a college graduation present. Did headers, cam, etc. Wrecked it on a January night when I shouldn't have been driving it (weather). Loved this car a lot, particularly having done all the work myself. Actually shed a tear when the insurance company wrecker towed it away.
    [​IMG]

With the insurance money, I put a down payment on a 2001 Z06. Had lots of fun but nearly got into too much trouble with it.
    [​IMG]

Traded that in for an Evo. Liked the car, but was a dog in the summer.
    [​IMG]

Traded in the ricer boy car for a GTO. Loved this car dearly, very comfortable, lots of power, great driver's car. But my commute went from not driving to driving 100 miles a day. Couldn't do the gas. So now I drive a Audi sedan. Capital BORING.
    [​IMG]

2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Moderator Staff Member

I don't really consider myself a gearhead, but I do work in the industry and recently got to work on this car:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the company took a bit of a nosedive recently so our project was put on hold, but man that was a sweet looking ride, and fun to ride around in as well! Though I will say it was quite cramped on the inside...

3. neorunner

neorunner

[​IMG]

Just paid mine off. Been a bit of a maintenance nightmare, but she's seen a lot of adventure too.

Current project car (00 CRV) I got off my boss for $500. Gonna fix and flip it or sell it at cost to the beer manager of my local as he's currently car-less.

[​IMG]

When I finally get a garage I'd like to work on the following:
    1. Land Rover Defender 110
    2. Jeep CJ7 (possibly 5)
    3. VW Westy
    4. '69 Lincoln Continental w. 462 and suicides

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. stxSS07

stxSS07

Want LS2 GTO suhbad. Except those ugly ass intakes :(. Currently eyeing a 1971 Formula 400 for sale in town.

Had an '06 Cobalt SS/SC with TwinScrew/meth/2.6 pulley etc that was the tits, but transferred schools and had to cart my football stuff around and didn't want to watch that semi-nice leathers get destroyed. Sold it and picked up a used '03 SRT-4.

Has basic AEM CAI, Mopar BoV, AGP adjustable wastegate. Had dreams of throwing a GT-35 on there but 3rd gear finally shit out (as it is apt to do in 03s) so I'll probably get a rebuilt trans and run it till the body rots off.

imgur is sucking 10,000 peens right now. Will upload pics later.

5. willseph

willseph

I dig trucks but dat Continental...hnnnnnnnnnghhhhh.

I've always liked those, I bet they are fun cars. Any traction issues?

neorunner likes this.
  6. 1v1willwreku

1v1willwreku

Good thread

Sadly I didn't record any pics of my vehicles. Regret that big time.
    For the sake of the thread I will use generic google pics and try to get as close to specs as possible.

First car 1988 Toyota Camry, big pimpin with a sunroof. (pic is almost identical)
    [​IMG]

Second was 1990 F250 (pic is pretty damn close)
    [​IMG]

Third and probably favorite was '92 Toyota pickup 4x4, 3.0 aka 3.slow but loved it.
    got it like this
    [​IMG]

made it like this (actual inside right before i sold it)
    [​IMG]
    home depot rattle can bed liner painted the whole outside.

Then got a sweet little cruise around toy for the weekends. '77 continental, bagged, layed frame. was gray primer with a tan vinyl top.
    Picture this but dragging on the ground
    [​IMG]

Parents neighbors complained a lot. Saying the car was bringing down the neighborhood lol.

Current vehicle that I plan to sell in October
    [​IMG]

Will be replacing with this.
    [​IMG]

working on this currently. 1983 250r only 630 miles on it.
    [​IMG]

7. stxSS07

stxSS07

Can't zoom to see the "C", but get dat 5.9 if you do. 6.7 is stoooopid...IMHOOC (in my hillbilly opinion of course).

1v1willwreku likes this.
  8. JM03

JM03

My dad was a drag racer and engine builder, so I've been around and worked on cars my whole life.
    I have no pics right now tho.

My first car was a s-10 pickup truck that we pulled the motor out of and put a 350 v8 into it. Was not a good idea for a 16yr olds first car. Couldn't drive it in our snowy winters, and got multiple tickets for speeding, reckless driving, and other things during the summers.

currently do not have anything special becauese I drive 100miles roundtrip each day for work.

My father in law has multiple older cars that I plan on helping him rebuild including 74 vette, 67 GTO, and multiple older Novas.

davey101, FTowne, willseph and 2 others like this.
  9. stxSS07

stxSS07

Definitely fun. Hooks up better than the charged Cobalt did in the dry, but maximum slip is required whenever wet/dirt is involved. 260ft lb breaks those little bicycle tires loose in a hurry.

10. willseph

willseph

Dat pistol-grip shifter is legit.

quirkzoo, FTowne, Fingolfin and 2 others like this.
  11. 1v1willwreku

1v1willwreku

I believe they stopped offering that in newer then '07 models thought right? I'm looking to get a new one or mostly new.

12. MarkIntihar

feelsbatman.jpg

JM03 likes this.
  13. JM03

JM03

Lol. By special I meant nothing gear head related. I am not the baddest man cruzin the strip with my Nissan Altima.

Buut..... I bet I am the only guy on here who drives a car formerly owned by MarkIntihar . I still get lots of looks and lots of chicks hanging on the doors thinking that it's still him in here.

And please guys, I know I will receive multiple offers for this ride in my inbox. Please be respectful and remember where this ride originated. Dont insult me

Arbitrator, FTowne, willseph and 3 others like this.
  14. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

I love cars, but never like to spend money on them. :confused:

Currently driving this (stock goog photo)
    [​IMG]

Who knows? I might even buy a Honda Pilot soon. :rolleyes:

VaTechHopHead and JM03 like this.
  15. stxSS07

stxSS07

Yessir. You can find some CHERRY 5.9s out there though. People treat those like their newborn (unless you happen upon a legit work/farm truck).

5.9 + NV45/5600 + a sneeze of aftermarket = 450/800/40mpg that will run for 1,000,000 +

Legit srs will be my next vehicle if I can find a big boy job.

1v1willwreku and willseph like this.
  16. MarkIntihar

This is my current ride (well not actually mine but same style/color/rims):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love it so far. Almost up to 30,000 miles in just under one year.

17. 1v1willwreku

1v1willwreku

the chevy or gmc version?

dat gmc really rustles my JIMMY's nomsayin?

18. 1v1willwreku

1v1willwreku

Will look into.

stxSS07 likes this.
  19. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Chevy Blazer, son! 4.3L V6. No A/C. Turn signals work sometimes. 4WD when necessary.

Ah see what you did there!
    [​IMG]

20. neorunner

neorunner

I miss my old s-10. Had an '89 extended bed with the 4.3. Put a lot of love into that truck. Always dreamed of having a 350 in it. Rust got the better of it in the end. :(

HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGG!

willseph, JM03 and 1v1willwreku like this.