US - South-Atlantic J Wakefield Brewing thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by shelf_turd_ferguson, Mar 5, 2016.

1. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

ya the BA JWB thread is a dumpster fire

2. loomisj

loomisj

Multiple dumpster fires + Zika + rustled jimmies

rightcoast7, JulianB and MatthewPlus like this.
  3. chard_logic

chard_logic

It's all noise falling upon deaf ears at the end of the day. If you honestly need the government (CDC) to determine the level of safety a place may have, then more power to you. Going outside is dangerous. Procreating is dangerous. No one denies it. A business whose interest is to make as much money as possible certainly isn't going to do so. Many of the other major players seem not to, why should JWB?

Making an argument that only beats the proverbial dead horse does nothing. It does stoke the indignant egos of those that have been wronged in the past. Ultimately however, it's like arguing with the wind as to why it decides to blow.

miamichael2 likes this.
  4. masterovkhaos

masterovkhaos

Yeah I might be able to I guess. PM me i guess.

mateoloco and wuntrikpony like this.
  5. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

let's dance
    [​IMG]

mateoloco likes this.
  6. JulianB

JulianB

Wakefield is apparently releasing a beer over Labor Day weekend called "Blanc de Blancs", which is a name already used for a Side Project beer. This was pointed out on the Wakefield event Facebook page:

For those without Farcebook:

[​IMG]

7. FLBeerFan

FLBeerFan

If this isn't 100% representative of Miami mentality, I don't know what is

8. jivex5k

jivex5k

Charging 10 dollars for a battery jump.

9. tosh

tosh

You're not going to let that go are you?

10. jivex5k

jivex5k

Nope. I enjoy hating Miami so I'll hold on dearly to any justification I can get.

11. Aliciousness

Aliciousness

Cory's response just made my day.

I love the legal logic in the post. Alex Gutierrez is well versed in maritime law.

[​IMG]

12. JulianB

JulianB

[​IMG]

13. FLBeerFan

FLBeerFan

I saw their IG post about the upcoming release and asked about the name Blanc de Blancs. No response, no PM, nothing, they just deleted my question and moved on. Gotta wonder what else they censor when it comes to their brewery.. real stand up show going on there

14. johnyb

johnyb

Apparently JW's wife finally felt it necessary to speak out on behalf of the family on Facebook.....

Natalie Wakefield Ordinarily I would not submit to responding to these rants because I know it's just that. Someone letting out there agrivation But I can not tolorate someone speaking such lies about my husband.
    First, I don't believe any OG who complained understands what it's like to try to open a business. Let a lone a new brewery in a city where breweries are new and all the red tape involved. Could he have had better communication, yes. Did he apologize for that yes!
    I love seeing how people think that the OG's opened the brewery. Folks do u have any idea how much it costs to open a brewery?
    We are and will always be humbled, honored and appreciate everyone's donation it withought question helped. But please don't tell me you did not get your money's worth. And if your upset about not having the OG Society again, the reason for that is because of people like you who could not see the struggles we had and tried to make the best of it rather than being a group of haters that made our lives very difficult with never being happy and nothing being enough.
    I am truly sorry you feel the way you do and if you were to actually come to the brewery or to any of our events or releases you would see that He is still very much the man he has always been, humble caring and trying to make the best beer he can bringing the craft beer community together. You all just need to stop hating.
    May God bless you and I'm sorry you were so upset!
    Natalie

15. chongcheesol

chongcheesol

His wife needs to open a bottle of Not Even French 2.0

16. jivex5k

jivex5k

"We are humbled by your donations, but fuck you for having reasonable expectations."

17. Lansman

Lansman

This was in response to my review from seven months ago. I'm not convinced she actually read my review.

18. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

This is awesome. "We are thankful for your financial support, but it really was insignificant. We really truly care, so stop hatin', haterz."

19. ant880

ant880

*their
    *aggravation
    *tolerate
    *alone
    *communication?
    *Yes.
    *that?
    *Yes
    *Folks,
    *you
    *donation.
    *It,
    *without
    *you're
    **run on sentence**
    *he
    *humble,
    *bring

20. Jnorton00

Jnorton00

Glad I checked this thread again; entertaining stuff!