US - Great Lakes Jackie-Os Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by JStax, May 29, 2014.

1. OldMetalGuy

OldMetalGuy

nooo.. not another release that soon!! ;)

2. KevinC

KevinC

If Wood Ya Honey Nuts is that much better than Brick Kiln Nuts (and I heard that was at the anniversary last year) and getting bottled, holy crap.

3. bretts545

bretts545

I wouldn't say it's better. They are both so great.

Brick Kiln nutz is Mr. Goodbar

Wood Ya Nutz is Snickers

4. StevonHanby

StevonHanby

5. OldMetalGuy

OldMetalGuy

6. OldMetalGuy

OldMetalGuy

so can anyone who's been, enlighten me on the anniversary party?

it says Jan 6&7, like all day on friday, or starting in the evening?

I'm assuming special things on tap, both at Athens and uptown? Although, if I start hitting it hard sitting at the brewery, getting from there uptown will be all kinds of difficult

has there been special bottles / something released that weekend in prior years?

thinking of getting a room if there is going to be good stuffs being put on both days

any info would help

Kentucky, Photekut and mcgrupp1922 like this.
  7. thrashD

thrashD

Generally, sometime in the coming weeks, Jackie O's will post details regarding draft lists by location and date (Fri/Sat only stuff) and what beers are to be released. Historically, the beer release was held on Saturday morning at the Public House, but you needed a calendar page (ticket & place in line) to buy bottles that you could get starting Friday around 4 or 5 PM usually. They still had other bottles for sale at the brewery, but the anniversary party beers were released at the public house. Last year, the whole format was changed to having all bottles being released and for sale on Friday around lunch at the brewery. There was still two days worth of drafts, some unique to location and day. Im not positive when beers being released started to sell out last year. If you want a room, try contacting the OU Inn and using a promo code (it's just "Jackie O's" -- but you need to do it over the phone) for a room that's walking distance to the Public House/Brewpub.

This year of course could be way different as I am not sure many details have been publicly posted. beace, will more information become available soon? :)

All in all though, the draft lists are always killer, along with the food and company. This is pretty much the only beer event I make an effort to attend and is well worth coming for both Friday and Saturday if you can swing it.

Kentucky, ScottJWing, TDBuck and 4 others like this.
  8. masterofsparks

masterofsparks

They've said elsewhere that this release will be like last year's anniversary, meaning bottles for sale at the brewery and no calendar pages. I'm sure there will be special stuff on tap at the brewery (last year they had Lucile, for instance), but the majority of the taplist fun is to be had at the brewpub & public house.

If this release is like last year, there will be bottle sales on Saturday as well, so the advantage of staying both days is to get a second allotment if that interests you. There are also typically Friday-only and Saturday-only items on the taplist.

9. masterofsparks

masterofsparks

Oh, and as far as getting from the brewery to uptown or vice versa, Green Cab is a life saver. I don't think they have Uber yet in Athens, but Green Cab is fast and cheap. I will be using at the Anniversary party for sure.

10. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

Any more details around Dark Derivation or whatever they're going to call it? Last I heard Marchish release?

11. bretts545

bretts545

Anyone else jonesing for that taplist?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    bwcampbell and Kentucky like this.
  12. marcus23

marcus23

The fake insider schtick is super lame, so that's not what I'm doing. However, I was able to see a printout of the list and I can see without hesitation, that it's possibly the best list they've had in three or four years. You won't be disappointed.

bwcampbell, Stigs, brewtus and 2 others like this.
  13. Kentucky

Kentucky

Damn...That is saying something!

bretts545 likes this.
  14. brewtus

brewtus

Dynamo nuts ?

bretts545 likes this.
  15. thrashD

thrashD

16. thrashD

thrashD

Per Facebook

17. dtx00

dtx00

Is spirit beast 17 different than 16? beace

18. beace

beace

yes.

sliverx, fiver29, thrashD and 4 others like this.
  19. beace

beace

This years blend is stout heavy, all bourbon barrel aged. 1 barrel of quad was added to the mix, 5 different RIS components.

20. jampics2

jampics2

If anyone from Cincinnati is going to be at the JO's Anniversary party and can grab a paid box for me at Listermann's, please PM me. I'll bring some thank you beers and you'll save me 6 hours in the car. Thanks!!!

bretts545 likes this.