Jeffrey Craft Beer Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy pic of their tap list from twitter. Cool to see RR in NY, but already had plans for today :(
fpofdjZ.png

Is RR registered in NY state now? I remember when Patrick used to be at RnH years ago– he had PtE ready for a Hop Takeover, but it got pulled last minute due to legal formalities.

This bar is just such a pandering mess. They've taken pretty much every design element from Torst. RR is not registered in NY. They charged $10 for a pint of Blind Pig, and from what I was told it was a fairly old malty keg. This may come off that I'm some sort of Patrick hater, but it really is the opposite. I loved what he did at Rattle. I thought the pricing at Alewife could get out of line at times and then Torst showed what really crazy pricing could be. I'm sure I'll wind up there at some point, as I would like to support him to an extent. He was one of the first people to really promote craft beer in NYC. I just have a problem with him charging Midtown prices for places in LIC/all the way the **** over in Mid East/UES.

This bar is just such a pandering mess. They've taken pretty much every design element from Torst. RR is not registered in NY. They charged $10 for a pint of Blind Pig, and from what I was told it was a fairly old malty keg. This may come off that I'm some sort of Patrick hater, but it really is the opposite. I loved what he did at Rattle. I thought the pricing at Alewife could get out of line at times and then Torst showed what really crazy pricing could be. I'm sure I'll wind up there at some point, as I would like to support him to an extent. He was one of the first people to really promote craft beer in NYC. I just have a problem with him charging Midtown prices for places in LIC/all the way the **** over in Mid East/UES.

i won't be back. $10 for blind pig and others, $8 for 12 oz of enjoy by (an awful awful beer. worst of the series)... if i want to pay torst prices, i'll go get crazy **** at torst that isn't anywhere else.

Man it's this bad? Place is less than 2 blocks from my office but I have a problem with going there for 'lunch' so I havent been in yet. They started spamming my twitter account with pictures of their bartenders so I've been kind of wishy-washy on going. It's in a very weird spot too.

Was not there on Saturday but stopped by on Sunday for the Damnation keg. Maybe it is just me but the keg to me seemed to have a lot of age on it. Quite a lot. Would not be surprised if it is one of Pat's old RR kegs he never got a chance to tap. Did not think prices were too bad even if they were a dollar off here and there. I have seen much worse. All in all, if u r in the hood no reason not to stop by for a beer.

I feel the need to update this thread as I've now been to the Jeffrey numerous times and at different times of the day. They opened too early and didnt seem ready when I first visited. As of now, this place is fantastic but awkwardly set up. They have a killer lunch special - seriously, $10 for a pint and sandwich with housemade chips and a solid pickle.

Layout is weird - it's like a horseshoe shape with two separate entrances - one to the regular beer/wine bar and another to the (AM) coffee/growler bar and (PM) liquor/growler bar. There is a large space in the back and big outdoor space which will be growing over the winter since they bought the rear space from the next door bike shop. During the day the space is totally fine and easy to grab a seat and some food. Weekends and happy hour, the horseshoe shape is pretty f'ing annoying. You can tell the staff hate it too. The tables in the back are all reserved and unless you have a seat at the bar you'll be constantly squeezing out of peoples way. The Saturday night crowd was kinda meh but the staff is friendly and engaging. If you're into mixed drinks, their mixologist dude puts on a great show and is really passionate about his craft. Cool guy, $13 drinks.

The taps have been great so far and they have a solid bottle list. I'm a fan on a Friday afternoon and I would drag people there if I was in the area on a weekend night with the caveat that the space is tight and a little weird. That being said, I brought 6 out of towners and we had an awesome night. Check it out if you're around.

I'm with you man, my office is just 3 blocks from there. Otherwise I dont leave Brooklyn :)

I have a buddy a couple blocks from Pony UES. Would occasionally go up there, but now that my fav bartender from there is gone there's no reason to go back. One day Jeffrey...one day

Back