US - Southwest Jester King Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by shelf_turd_ferguson, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Chadzero

Chadzero

It'll be interesting to see how the label approval for this works, if it ever comes to Texas.

2. Touch_My_BrettSacch

Touch_My_BrettSacch

"Sometime in the coming months, Elements of Composition will also be released at Sante Adairius in Capitola, California and Jester King in Austin, Texas (dates to be announced)."

Also, as a brewpub, I don't believe label approval is needed unless they plan to use the beer at beer dinners/events/distro, as long as it is their product. But those that know more than me can correct me as needed.

3. shelf_turd_ferguson

shelf_turd_ferguson

It was blended at De Garde, so I think the dumbass TABC would consider it dG product and require dG gets a $7k in-state permit. jeffstuffingsjk has alluded to this, but has said that it is up to degardebrewing (who is aware of all this chatter) to make the official announcement.
    I was thinking maybe a free keg or two for onsite would be raffled like classic Zwanze, but it sounds like de Garde may be getting a TX license!

mateoloco, Five28 hz and boogercrack like this.
  4. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

We have already filed for Texas distribution/licensing. It's just a matter of time. And then label approvals, etc. as Jeffrey has often said, y'all do not make it easy down there!

5. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

I should add, there will be a formal announcement as the date nears, with more information as well as the beers we'll be sending.

6. Hookemhops13

Hookemhops13

All The beers will suffice.

7. shelf_turd_ferguson

shelf_turd_ferguson

I'd even take some not The beers ;)

8. Lutter

Lutter

[​IMG]

Seeya real soon!

9. SirDickButts

SirDickButts

If and when DeGarde bottles make it to Houston...allocate it all to Brandon @ D&Q....

10. wolfman1201

wolfman1201

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  11. IndianaJones

IndianaJones Previously FLBeerFan

The time of year is upon us where neckbeards have to decide if they should buy their kid 2 Christmas gifts or go for that second allotment of beer

12. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx

Damn, and I just promised myself I wouldn't spend any money on bottles of beer for the rest of the year.

mwbbq and chemman14 like this.
  13. thejukes

thejukes

Was out there on Sunday. Maybe 6 people there when we showed up. Beautiful weather, extremely chill, SPON is awesome, Estival Dichotomous is being slept on.

Kinda bummed I missed the new release, but also very glad.

rrrjjj and jeffstuffingsjk like this.
  14. Lutter

Lutter

kuemmelbrau, mateoloco, mwbbq and 4 others like this.
  15. Hookemhops13

Hookemhops13

So does the price cause this release to be available through Sunday or does having fruit mean it sells out today?

16. IndianaJones

IndianaJones Previously FLBeerFan

I'd put money on it lasting through until at least tomorrow

17. Lutter

Lutter

No way this sells out today. In fact I think it'll hold over into next weekend.

Two factors:

It's going to be 26 degrees in Austin tomorrow going into Sunday (with a high in the 30s). Texans and cold weather are like oil and water.

Lots of bottles. Generally JK will sell out in 1 day with a bottle count <1000 (Shatrial, La Vie Batch 1, Red Atrial, etc...). This is 6000 bottles all told.

6000 bottles.

rrrjjj, mateoloco and mwbbq like this.
  18. Hookemhops13

Hookemhops13

Ya I mean I was super paranoid about SPON so Im probably doing the same here. Sunday works much better for me to make a trip but was considering forcing it into the schedule today.

19. theonetheycalljosh

theonetheycalljosh

Annnnnd flor is gone

20. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

I apologize about the count on Flor. I posted 3,000 bottles. The count was 1,700. This was 100% my mistake. Sorry.