US - Southwest Jester King Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by shelf_turd_ferguson, Feb 20, 2014.

1. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx

Missed it by about 30 minutes today, still on tap though! I enjoyed it the most out of the three releases that I tried on draft. Once again great work by jeffstuffingsjk and crew. I also can't express how happy I went after work today at 3:30 and there was no line at the outside serving station or for bottles!

mateoloco and jeffstuffingsjk like this.
  2. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

Tomorrow, we have the following bottle counts: SPON -- Peach & Apricot = 512, SPON -- Raspberry & Cherry = 448, SPON -- Flor = Sold Out.

3. thejukes

thejukes

I, for one, am flord by this kind of oversight.

Someone send me a bottle for that sick, misspelled, grammatically dubious pun. Thanks.

wiingman, sliverx, mgr78704 and 3 others like this.
  4. mattchow

mattchow

I'm happy I went friday, wasn't terribly cold or miserable. waited 30 minutes in line, got bottles, got pours, then headed to pinthouse!

5. falc0n2600

falc0n2600

6. Five28 hz

Five28 hz

7. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

Averie Swanson Promoted to Head Brewer!

[​IMG]

We have a very exciting announcement to make at Jester King Brewery! We could not be more pleased to announce that our Brewery Production Manager Averie Swanson has been promoted to Head Brewer!

Averie has been with us at Jester King for over four years now. She has risen from volunteer, to apprentice, to brewer, to Brewery Production Manager, to Head Brewer! She has displayed wonderful commitment, intelligence, ingenuity, and leadership along the way. Her promotion is testament to the power of hard work and dedication.

As our Brewery Production Manager, Averie oversaw and ran beer making at Jester King. She coordinated our brewing and fermentation schedule, managed barrel aging, blending, and fruit refermentation, supervised our brewers and packaging team, sourced raw materials, came up with scores of creative new ideas for beers, and fixed innumerable everyday problems through sheer commitment and grit. She will continue on with all of these responsibilities as Head Brewer.

On top of all these duties, Averie has been a wealth of new and powerful ideas for other parts of the business, as a member of Jester King’s management team. She has and will continue to represent Jester King with professionalism and class at home and abroad by managing our offsite events and giving brewery tours.

Overall, we could not be more pleased with the job Averie has done over the years at Jester King, and can not think of a more deserved and qualified person for this promotion. We’re excited to see an important driver of our process and product over the last several years take the helm. We fully expect her to continue to do great things for us for years to come!

If you happen across Averie at the brewery or out there in the beer world, I’d encourage you to congratulate her on this most merited accomplishment.

Cheers,

Jeffrey Stuffings
    Founder
    Jester King Brewery

8. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

that's awesome! consistency is key!

Congrats, Averie! I've heard nothing but great things about her.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Staff Member

Have really enjoyed the fruit program under Averie. Good stuff! ElkSherpa will be missed, though. Hoping he's staying in the state!

rrrjjj, mwbbq, GuzzleMcBrew and 6 others like this.
  10. HeadytheElder

HeadytheElder

History says he will attempt to start brewery in the Pacific Northwest, but then leave to go work for an established brewery in Europe before it even opens.

Rails, rrrjjj, mwbbq and 4 others like this.
  11. ElkSherpa

ElkSherpa

I mean, if danyP would hire me at Fantôme.....:D

....we'll probably stay in Texas!

12. Hookemhops13

Hookemhops13

Houston needs you. Minimal mixed fermentation going on, besides La Ferm Brasserie de SirDickButts of course.

mwbbq, sliverx, mateoloco and 2 others like this.
  13. SirDickButts

SirDickButts

cant stop....wont stop....

rrrjjj, sliverx, mateoloco and 6 others like this.
  14. danyP

danyP

"]History says he will attempt to start brewery in the Pacific Northwest, but then leave to go work for an established brewery in Europe before it even opens.[/QUOTE]

... and History say too more ! .. ;-)

15. Lutter

Lutter

Hai guys. While you were trying to play monster.com for ElkSherpa, Jester King announced a new beer release all stealth-like for this weekend....

This is/looks like... pretty much... Equipoise batch 2 in disguise with a different hop treatment (Sorachi Ace vs. Calypso on B1). Guessing since Qui shut down, that's why there's a naming difference (?)

$24 for 1.5L.

Dogleg, rrrjjj and mwbbq like this.
  16. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner

Wouldn't mind a farmhouse with just cantaloupe.

17. Lutter

Lutter

I'm thinking of popping my Equipoise on Christmas morning, so this is a good thing.

jeffstuffingsjk and rrrjjj like this.
  18. FLBeerFan

FLBeerFan

That Frederiksdal cherry wine though..

Steve likes this.
  19. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

That stuff is soooo good.

mateoloco, Os, FLBeerFan and 2 others like this.
  20. wolfman1201

wolfman1201

BdBdB this weekend. 1800 bottles, 2 per person.