US - Southwest Jester King Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by shelf_turd_ferguson, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Lutter

Lutter

[​IMG]

rrrjjj and wolfman1201 like this.
  2. morsetx

morsetx

Tried flor while in line....had to drink quickly.....wait for it......no line. Looked like plenty left.

3. Lutter

Lutter

Well duh it's freezing out

4. morsetx

morsetx

Actually mid day quite comfortable. Stout weather- although the prairie ba bomb was a bit disappointing.

5. Lutter

Lutter

Comfortable for a polar bear maybe

rrrjjj, BigPandaHunter and morsetx like this.
  6. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

612 bottles of BdBdB left. The limit will stick at 2.

7. bdemarco

bdemarco

As a Canadian, I went down for the friday release, and was underdressed. Shit was cold with that wind too. The sun came out around 5ish which was awesome. Glad I finally was able to get to Jester King after years of going to Austin and not going. Flor was awesome again after having it at the sheldon fest.

8. bnasse9900

bnasse9900

Hey friends,

Apologies in advance, as I imagine these questions have been asked a bunch of times, so feel free to redirect me to the info if available.

I'll be in Dallas on business next Tuesday and Wednesday (coming from Pittsburgh). We don't get much Jester King up here, so all I want to do is drink Jester King. A few questions.

1. Any legit places in Dallas to buy bottles?
    2. Is it worth making the trip to Austin, better Jester King selection?
    3. I'd love to visit the taproom, but am I correct that they're only open Fri-Sun right now?

Was lucky enough to have Spon 1 at GABF, and it was the best beer I had all weekend.

Thanks, folks, and happy drinking

Brody

9. air

air

1. DFW metroplex is huge and naming what part of town/neighborhood/zipcode you'll be would help tailor suggestions on bottle shops.
    2. At this point, unsure if there's any of the latest release left but I'm sure someone will chime in....
    3. Hours have always been Fri-Sun except for special events or sometimes long holiday weekends.

boogercrack likes this.
  10. Lutter

Lutter

It's been a hot minute since I've been to Dallas but they generally have the same shelf beers when I'm up there that we do here in Austin. You'll prolly find some Fantome Del Rey, Dichotomous (whatever the latest variety is), Biere de Miel, El Cedro, and Kollaborationsbier. That's what's on shelves here and anytime I go to Dallas it usually mirrors that.

If you're looking for anything more... intricate... you'd need to visit the brewery. Sorry, there aint no Atrial or SPON sitting on shelves in Dallas, lol.

Again, just from past experience. I haven't been up there in forever. You might wanna try to set up an IP trade before you go if you want to save time.

11. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster

This is pretty much what you'll find on the shelves in the Dallas area right now. I've definitely seen Dichotomous, El Cedro and Kollaborationsbier within the past couple weeks. JK isn't everywhere but most of the higher end grocery stores and better bottle shops should have some selection.

If you have access to the NE haze you could probably find people to do IP trades for SPON, Atrial and some of the other more sought after beers.

Lutter likes this.
  12. pldevo

pldevo

PM me. I'm originally from the burgh and live in the Dallas area. I have the information you need, and a cellar full of JK if you're looking to trade anything.

and of course, HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

bnasse9900 and Dogleg like this.
  13. Touch_My_BrettSacch

Touch_My_BrettSacch

Leave.

SirDickButts, Lutter, air and 3 others like this.
  14. pldevo

pldevo

Nah, I'm all set. Thanks though!

15. Hookemhops13

Hookemhops13

Do we know if they held back some of Spon Fruit Variants for on site service like they communicated with Regular Spon or sold all to go? jeffstuffingsjk ElkSherpa

16. SirDickButts

SirDickButts

Maybe not onsite purchases...but for science. I could be wrong lol.

17. Touch_My_BrettSacch

Touch_My_BrettSacch

Revisiting this for Lolz.

THRILLHOUSE and sobeleg like this.
  18. sobeleg

sobeleg

[​IMG]

19. jeffstuffingsjk

jeffstuffingsjk

"YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS!!!"

Starting this weekend, we'll have SPON -- Methode Gueuze bottles available for drinking onsite. We'll have 18 bottles (750ml) available for $36/bottle (same price as to go). Starting not too long after that, we'll have other 2016 SPON variants for sale to drink at the brewery.

mwbbq, Lutter, tx_beer_man and 5 others like this.
  20. wolfman1201

wolfman1201

Well that's awesome. Are they mixture of blends or all one blend? 18 bottles for the whole weekend or per day?