Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by shelf_turd_ferguson, Feb 20, 2014.
Tried flor while in line....had to drink quickly.....wait for it......no line. Looked like plenty left.
Well duh it's freezing out
Actually mid day quite comfortable. Stout weather- although the prairie ba bomb was a bit disappointing.
Comfortable for a polar bear maybe
612 bottles of BdBdB left. The limit will stick at 2.
As a Canadian, I went down for the friday release, and was underdressed. Shit was cold with that wind too. The sun came out around 5ish which was awesome. Glad I finally was able to get to Jester King after years of going to Austin and not going. Flor was awesome again after having it at the sheldon fest.
Apologies in advance, as I imagine these questions have been asked a bunch of times, so feel free to redirect me to the info if available.
I'll be in Dallas on business next Tuesday and Wednesday (coming from Pittsburgh). We don't get much Jester King up here, so all I want to do is drink Jester King. A few questions.
1. Any legit places in Dallas to buy bottles?
2. Is it worth making the trip to Austin, better Jester King selection?
3. I'd love to visit the taproom, but am I correct that they're only open Fri-Sun right now?
Was lucky enough to have Spon 1 at GABF, and it was the best beer I had all weekend.
Thanks, folks, and happy drinking
1. DFW metroplex is huge and naming what part of town/neighborhood/zipcode you'll be would help tailor suggestions on bottle shops.
2. At this point, unsure if there's any of the latest release left but I'm sure someone will chime in....
3. Hours have always been Fri-Sun except for special events or sometimes long holiday weekends.
It's been a hot minute since I've been to Dallas but they generally have the same shelf beers when I'm up there that we do here in Austin. You'll prolly find some Fantome Del Rey, Dichotomous (whatever the latest variety is), Biere de Miel, El Cedro, and Kollaborationsbier. That's what's on shelves here and anytime I go to Dallas it usually mirrors that.
If you're looking for anything more... intricate... you'd need to visit the brewery. Sorry, there aint no Atrial or SPON sitting on shelves in Dallas, lol.
Again, just from past experience. I haven't been up there in forever. You might wanna try to set up an IP trade before you go if you want to save time.