US - Great Lakes Jolly Pumpkin Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Envelopes, Sep 30, 2013.

1. jdd419

jdd419

How is Clementina? Sounds like a super version of a gose.

On another note I just grabbed LA Roja kreik and rojzilla today. Pretty excited to try those.

Stubs and MarcatGSB like this.
  2. cneville

cneville

it was on draft last year and was good, but pretty mild citrus flavor. it'll be interesting to see how the bottles are--hoping they've got a little more citrus and funk than the draft did. at worst, it's a very easy drinker. i'll report back once we crack a bottle.

joe and jdd419 like this.
  3. joe

joe

just opened one and its very solid! like cneville said, its a very easy drinker but could use a tad more clementine and funk. i feel like citrus sales guy would of fit the bottle better maybe.. i really liked that one!

speaking of funk, that bottle of cuvee rene i opened with cneville was fantastic! smelled like a musty library book.. yummy!!

4. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

so i don't know if other chicagoans have been paying attention, but sea buckthorn, innovator man, and hamajang have all hit distro. there were enough bottles kicking around that you probably don't have to rush. they also rereleased rojzilla and roja kriek.

oh, and what was totally unexpected? oro de calabaza grande reserve also hit distro a couple days ago. i got one. we are so goddamn spoiled here.

5. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

Will Clementina hit distro? Thinking maybe if the pubs didn't sell out it would some sort of distro?

6. Ckozl

Ckozl

Don't think so but still bottles left at the Detroit location when I was there last week. Didn't bother to try it since wasn't on tap.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  7. joe

joe

Saturday May 21st, beginning at noon we will be releasing two one-time only bottles. The first, No Ka `Oi, brewed for our friend Gabe Fletcher of Anchorage Brewing Company. This wild ale was brewed with all Michigan Hops, raspberries and lime peel. The second, Vestuvinis Alus, is a sour session IPA with strawberries, coriander, lime peel and sea salt. Vestuvinis Alus is a wedding ale brewed for our Logistics and Safety Manager Brian Manitz. Bottles will be $13.99 and have no bottle limit. Come early or risk missing out on this special pub only releases.

see ya'll at null on the the 21st!

jdd419, jupiter6xx, Thorpe429 and 2 others like this.
  8. Thorpe429

Thorpe429

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Vintage Reserve Series"? I was up at the Traverse City location this past weekend and picked up bottles with these stickers (brown rectangle that has the year and "Vintage Reserve Series" above the normal label) but haven't been able to find out anything about what creates this designation.

I can probably guess, but part of my confusion is that I picked up Luciernaga versions with and without the sticker even though they have the same date on the back. I'm guessing the issue here is just error on the part of the person who checked dates and labeled them, but I'm curious for any feedback in general.

Gonzoillini and Jb123 like this.
  9. cneville

cneville

As far as I'm aware; the only difference is that it's stock that JP hung onto and released out later; whether that's a conscious decision or just a matter of having excess stock, I don't know. Not sure what the years on your two are, but what could have happened is they set out the one prior to adding that label, then set out the other with the label at a different time some months later. I think that's the only difference, I haven't seen a price change or anything like that.

joe and Thorpe429 like this.
  10. Thorpe429

Thorpe429

That all makes sense. It was a $1 up-charge at the brewery for them. All the ones I purchased are 2014 (Luciernaga and Fuego, though based on Untappd there are also Parcela bottles with the label).

cneville likes this.
  11. TNGabe

TNGabe

Wow, that's great.

Now available for our brewery patrons. Get the same experience as our customers in the rest of the country and try your favorite Jolly Pumpkin beers shelf aged to perfection.

Not sure about all the new beers, but the core lineup is always better with 18-30+ months in the bottle.

Photekut, joe and cneville like this.
  12. cneville

cneville

exactly what i thought when i first saw it. fwiw, the dexter brewery charges the same price, and i've seen these versions in bottleshops, at least around ann arbor. at trivia one night, we won a 3 year vert of noel de calabaza, two of which were stickered.

joe and Thorpe429 like this.
  13. cneville

cneville

zwanze at JP in dexter this year!

...I can't go :-(

joe, Gonzoillini, GRDave and 2 others like this.
  14. jdd419

jdd419

I'm hoping you don't have to be a club member to go. I'd really like to make it up for this.

GRDave and thebandit1 like this.
  15. joe

joe

Perfect! Me and my wife have that whole week off for our anniversary AND ill be at transient two days before.

Best anniversary ever! Ha

MarcatGSB, AnchorDrops and TNGabe like this.
  16. joe

joe

When did mug club emails go out for zwanze tickets? Never seen it..

17. joe

joe

Nevermind.. ticket purchased!

18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Just got my tickets! Who will touch VIP tips?

19. joe

joe

Lets burn something before the party!

Gonzoillini and thunderbirdesq like this.
  20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Uhm yes.

joe likes this.