Jolly Pumpkin Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envelopes

Reaction score
I don't have facebook or twitter and I don't want to rely on BA for information on this release.

If ya hear somethin', say somethin'!

BT-WVoQCQAA2BEB.jpg

Labeled on 9/27, 52 cases. No release date as of 9/30.

BVMA9joCQAAMT7W.jpg:large

(Also, I am still ISO the regular version of this)

There's already thread up on BA unfortunately so the cat's out of the bagl, but I'm looking forward to this.

This is great news! I just traded away my last BdM GR. Looks like a trip to A2 is in order soon!

Meet up at Zingerman's for Reubens before and after?

I would suggest you grab a Blimpy Burger in between the reubens, but I've heard that ship has sailed :(

TIA for whomever #goesandpicksitupformebro.

You will get my undying gratitude and likely a huge hug.

Still no release date set. A Twitter user asked Ron about Los Vivos Los Muertos being for sale at the brewery to which he replied that it will BUT "Govt shutdown stalled the label approval. Shooting for March now." The user asked if the same was true for Sobre GR and Ron simply replied "Oooooh, yeaaaaah."

Still no release date set. A Twitter user asked Ron about Los Vivos Los Muertos being for sale at the brewery to which he replied that it will BUT "Govt shutdown stalled the label approval. Shooting for March now." The user asked if the same was true for Sobre GR and Ron simply replied "Oooooh, yeaaaaah."
This tells me NOTHING. The picture above shows Sombre GR with labels. I'll be in A2 tonight, I'll ask around.

This tells me NOTHING. The picture above shows Sombre GR with labels. I'll be in A2 tonight, I'll ask around.

I think those labels might have just been temporary for when they went to GABF and did some events where they served it/blended it with something from New Belgium, etc. Someone on Instagram said they called about it and were told there wasn't much and they were going to save it for "special events".

I would certainly appreciate you passing along any information they give you.

Don't come back till you have answers!
I'm a failure. But I will pass the blame onto the bartenders who have no idea what's going on around them. No word on the status of it. The guy looked at me like I was talking crazy and then had to ask another guy if it was on tap. After all of this turned up dry, he told me to get in touch with my local craft beer store and they should be able to get a few bottles...
639.gif

I'm a failure. But I will pass the blame onto the bartenders who have no idea what's going on around them. No word on the status of it. The guy looked at me like I was talking crazy and then had to ask another guy if it was on tap. After all of this turned up dry, he told me to get in touch with my local craft beer store and they should be able to get a few bottles...

The day was fraught with failure for you, sir.
1371056429_jeep_swimming_pool_dive.gif

That's funny. I called last night and they told me there were 7,000 bottles. That was the answer I wanted to hear, so it must be legit.

I think those labels might have just been temporary for when they went to GABF and did some events where they served it/blended it with something from New Belgium, etc. Someone on Instagram said they called about it and were told there wasn't much and they were going to save it for "special events".

I would certainly appreciate you passing along any information they give you.

In the latest Sobre GR news, Ron isn't sure how he'll release it - he only has 42 cases and he doesn't want to upset anybody. One bottle limits maybe? Silent weekday release?

Some beer fans will be butt hurt, I think that is unavoidable... just set a date and sell it.

Has there been any indication if this will be available on tap?

Some beer fans will be butt hurt, I think that is unavoidable... just set a date and sell it.

I'm banking on a silent weekday release so I can take a long lunch at work and leave with a case like I did with the last round of Bambic. :cool:

In the latest Sobre GR news, Ron isn't sure how he'll release it - he only has 42 cases and he doesn't want to upset anybody. One bottle limits maybe? Silent weekday release?

There were only 50 cases of Biere de Mars GR and no one was lined up for it despite advance notice and a weekend release. I walked past the cafe at 9:50, saw no one, went and grabbed a coffee, went back at around 10:15 and waited maybe ten minutes in a very short line. It was a very stress free release.

The only unhappiness was that some employees didn't enforce a limit and others did at completely random times throughout the morning. Even then, most of the people complaining on BA had still gotten bottles but were upset that they didn't get more. Just make sure your employees know what's up and there shouldn't be issues.

Given how concerned they seem to be with the small amount they have (at one point even considering keeping it for special events only) I really doubt they kegged any.

Well the bottles always go through extended btl conditioning but this is quite a bit of time. Maybe combine it with another GR release? I really wish the GR beers were released a bit more frequently. They really do blow away the regular release stuff.

I hope they added more fruit to it - I personally don't think the fruit has held up as much and I liked it more fresh.

after opening a sobre last week, i completely agree with this. a grand reserve with a fresh dose of fruit could be truly amazing, but as-is, i probably wouldn't make the drive.

after opening a sobre last week, i completely agree with this. a grand reserve with a fresh dose of fruit could be truly amazing, but as-is, i probably wouldn't make the drive.
Agree 100%, just had one last night and while it's still drinking like one if not my fav jp beer it's a shell of its fresh self.

Back