Kuhnhenn Autumnal Equinox

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 306926

Reaction score
Saturday, Sept. 27

Per their FB page:
Be sure to join us this Saturday for our Autumnal Equinox Bottle Release of TRIPA and Simcoe Sillier. These come in mixed six-packs - 3 bottles of each - limit 2 6pks per person. Price TBA. (Sorry, no single bottle sales and no mixing and matching - packs are sold as is.)
You can also enjoy both of these beers on draft in the taproom, along with the famed Michigan Mud! (Sorry, no growlers).
See you then!!

Who's in?

giphy.gif

****ing $36 for 3 bottles of TRIPA and 3 bottles of Simcoe Sillier.

Ridiculous.
Makes me wonder what their prices will look like in distro if/when they get that up and running. Cases of The Fluffer only $120!

Oh you want DRIPA, That'll be $144.

Thanks for playing......

This is exactly what I see happening. They price everything so high it sits on shelves. They lose a ton of money(not that they would ever notice knowing their book keeping) and in 6 months lower the price to something at least close to reasonable.

Their aren't enough idiots like me willing to spend that $144 to keep that **** going for too long.

#Kuhnhenn'd

I stopped supporting Kuhnhenn about a year ago. I'm just sick of their ********. The beer isn't worth it. $36 six packs? Please... Their reasoning is great
Both of these beers are ridiculously high-gravity which means a much longer aging time, hence taking up valuable real estate and backing up the regular production schedule. Simcoe Sillier had to rest for 3 months, while TRIPA rested just over 2. Barrel-aging does not alone justify a high price-point. Many of you have also seen how we bottle our beer. Bottling requires a minimum of 6 people, packaging an average of 8 bottles per minute. Labor cost heavily factors into pricing as well.

Yes. That's exactly your problem. You guys are a joke. Trying to be a respectable brewery while hand bottling everything and printing labels on an old Xerox.

Their problems will only be multiplied 10x during their 10x expansion.

I take back everything I said about them. Just look at these amazing offers!!

Kuhnhenn said:
Coming out to the bottle release today? Along with your 6-pack purchase, get a FREE Kuhnhenn logo sticker - be the envy of your friends.

ALSO, as a bonus, the first 24 customers get a logo pint glass, on us! (1 per person, not per 6pk).

It's really just insulting...

Back