Kuhnhenn winter solstice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb123

Reaction score
heard mix six packs . Six diff beers in one sixer. Case-ish limit.....

Def excited to go Friday and have some good drafts but Saturday doesn't make sense. KRE three case limit was dumb, this could be worse.

People will start lining up at 5am Saturday, pretty much guaranteed.

Will be there Friday, but there's no ****ing way I'm waiting in line Saturday.

All that KRE production has me wondering how much of these beers/packs will be available. Case limit is somewhat promising?
I was 50/50 on going for bottles Saturday. Now I have a couple buds coming into town for Friday taps and they are going to attempt the bottle line. FML. I guess that means I'm in for an early Saturday.

But it seems like EVERY bottle release this year has had enough to go around (through the entire line) and then some. Extra passes through the line, KRE days later.... not sure what it all means except that there should NOT be a lineup at 5am but there invariably will be.

They will.
How many is "they"?
Last year there were folks who were pulling all nighters in line.
No need to panic. There will be enough to go around.

I'm curious about meads. This happening this year or not?

How many is "they"?

You will get beer easier this year but you just don't have a choice of what u get lol.... And their meads don't bother just drive twenty mins and get schramms. Seriously.

How many is "they"?

Unfortunately, probably enough to cause others to go earlier than they otherwise might have for fear of missing out on those "whales."

This is beer in 2014.

You will get beer easier this year but you just don't have a choice of what u get lol.... And their meads don't bother just drive twenty mins and get schramms. Seriously.
Srs?
Dude, I'm aware of dat Agnes. I am not a mead guy, and had no plans to buy any at Solstice. I was just curious about the availability as many may panic about not getting BBFT and they'll start lining up at 3am only ****ing it up for everyone else who doesn't mead.

I've begun my trolling of the solstice thread.

dgbg.gif

Srs?
Dude, I'm aware of dat Agnes. I am not a mead guy, and had no plans to buy any at Solstice. I was just curious about the availability as many may panic about not getting BBFT and they'll start lining up at 3am only ****ing it up for everyone else who doesn't mead.
Ahhh gotcha seemed like you weren't in the know. I'll show up when they open n get my beer . That is if there's anything I want

I have mixed feelings about this...I originally thought the pre-packed beers were a good idea in the small formats (ie. Michigan Mud and Imp Stout). For one, its quick. Secondly, they are similar styles. Most people that would buy mud would do the stout.

Looking back at last years list, there were 9 beers available, and 6 meads. So when I heard about the pre-packed for the solstice, I was thinking....Oh, you could make 4D and BB4D 6 packs, Cherry Oud Bruin 6 packs, Forbidden IPA & Raw Barleywine 6 packs. Or 4 packs of stuff for that matter. Check the ones you want and move on. But I just don't like the idea of a mixed six of 4D, BB4D, Duvil Miss Jones, Forbidden IPA, Cherry Bruin & Raw Barleywine. Potentially 2-3 beers that I have no desire for. Maybe it will be better than that...but who knows.

Should have decided a few months ago to hit up the the Jackie O's anniversary party.

**** the bottles. If they just kegged enough to rotate through 4D, American Imperial Stout, BB4D and BBBW for awhile, that would be enough for me.
Looking forward to Fri tap list.
So much both of these things.

Man, that American Imperial Stout was good two years ago. Rotating between that, BA Solar and BBBW was about the best night ever.

Did anyone grab any of the bourbon barrel imperial stout at the wine cellar in St. clair shores? I want some but didn't wanna make the drive. Hit me up if you have extras we can IP at winter solstice or 4elf

Did anyone grab any of the bourbon barrel imperial stout at the wine cellar in St. clair shores? I want some but didn't wanna make the drive. Hit me up if you have extras we can IP at winter solstice or 4elf
They sold out of all 54 cases, at $10 for a 12oz bottle.

Jesus, the bottle release at Solstice is going to be insane.

Going to be hanging around this area the week around Christmas, hoping I can stop in and get some of these releases on tap.

Per their facebook:

"Big things coming tomorrow morning. Big things. Stay tuned for more Solstice info. You will be very happy. Thank you for your patience and support. And cheers to ‪#‎mibeer‬!"

Latest posts

Back