Lambic and bourbon exchanges

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by Macenson, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Macenson

Macenson

Any chance Lamikstoemper is a starting place to be able to get to a PVW 15? What else might I need to add? Is that a decent anchor to get a bottle to share with some friends?

Thanks!

Photekut likes this.
  2. TommyShitt

TommyShitt

Well you've said you're gonna share with friends, so I think you're only one child named Pappy away from getting this wrapped up.

Fingolfin and Macenson like this.
  3. Macenson

Macenson

Lol. Fair enough. We've just driven all over for it for 3 years. More about the journey than the bourbon for sure. We've camped in some pretty awesome places in Kentucky looking for it and now I'll just flat out seeing it on shelves for $400 for a 10 year so fuck all that noise. One shop told us in our way down they just got it in and would be pricing it up and to stop on our way back. We thought maybe some markup. $900 for the 12 year they wanted.

So we'll still keep going camping and backpacking but figured maybe it was just time to try to trade for it. Just cutiecsness what it will take. Lambikstoemper and OGVs? How many years do I need to add to be in the ballpark?

4. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Probably around a 6 pack of Lambikstoempers?

Macenson likes this.
  5. primebeer

primebeer Assistant to the Regional Moderator Contributor

Yeah I'd say you're probably looking at multiple Lambikstoempers and then it would depend on the vintages of OGV you have. If you're talking about something like 2 OGV '08 750s + the stoemper, you're probably in striking range.

Macenson likes this.
  6. Macenson

Macenson

Thanks. It starts to help me ballpark it.

7. FTowne

FTowne

Just buy a bottle of barrel proof Knob Creek and spend the leftover $360 on strippers and blow. You'll have a much better time.

8. JulianB

JulianB

That 12 year barrel proof Knob Creek is some seriously good shit and ridiculously good value for the money. My dumb local store (that figures they can overcharge for anything gumbies might recognize as a "name" - and they are probably right) has shit like Weller antique for $80 (lol) while that Knob bp is just sitting there collecting dust for $45 or whatever.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Hahahaha ha

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  10. Macenson

Macenson

Never been a Knob Creek Guy or any JB juice. I'll hand it to the state of Ohio this year. Unlimited Weller 107 and SR so I'm happy. I've got my easy drinkers at State store prices. Was shocked this year to go to bottle shops in Kentucky I've been going to the last few years and how much they're marking things up. It was always an excuse to get outdoors once a year in the fall so no regrets. Just shocked at what it's still commanding.

JulianB likes this.
  11. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

Oh god this just reminded me I did Zenne b1 for ORVW10 a while back

Macenson likes this.
  12. Macenson

Macenson

Oh geeze. I'm sitting on that one to have with some fried oysters and friends. Also have the 20 year Sherry to go with it.