Latest ATWTD release

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by Thevicster, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Thevicster

Thevicster

I've seen these bottles popping up for trade a bit in the Facebook's.

What's the deal? I thought there were only 340 boxes sold, was there a lot more than that, is it hitting distro, is it bad, or are particular variants bad?

Asking for a friend.

2. amk

amk

Tlo4sho and Thevicster like this.
  3. Padraig

Padraig

4. stakem

stakem

No idea what this trickery is but I clicked it anyway. Sounds like an app that offers you limited beers not available in your area. They promised 16? states they would sell it to and its all gone after offering it to just ohio at 1 per person? lol

Beerontwowheels and Photekut like this.
  5. shadowane

shadowane

Does it trigger anyone else that the acronym should be ADWTD and not ATWTD?

6. dadavat

dadavat

a friend of mine orders beers from them sometimes. there are decent beers on there occasionally, like holy mountain and fremont. apparently PA was supposed to get a shot at these tomorrow but i guess they're sold out now. $35+shipping for a 375ml was a bit steep but i probably would have paid it.

7. iong516

iong516

Someone that opened all of them made a sketchy FB comment about Double Oaked being the best and "that's all I'll say" which reeked of trade value protection...

luwak, KevSal, Photekut and 1 other person like this.
  8. steimie

steimie

I get more triggered by $35/375ml beers and by Facebook beer stuff.

9. amk

amk

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but I got to try the full set on Friday and my personal tiers would be:

Tier 1: Woodford Double Oaked, Cognac, Double Oaked

Tier 2: Rum (admittedly not my favorite type of barrel treatment, a couple people said this was their favorite), Scotch

Tier 3: Apple Brandy (I think I may not be fan of apple brandy barrel beers, the nose had a grassy component that I don't love but fortunately not in the taste)

I'm certainly not complaining that the extra bottles sold this year happened to be 2 of the ones I really enjoyed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mateoloco, atoulouk, kzeon and 4 others like this.
  10. KevSal

KevSal

i can't remark on the others but i enjoyed a bottle a few weeks ago and it was damn near perfection!

it sucks that people are trying to protect the trade value, beers like this need to be shared :(

11. iong516

iong516

Kinda confusing why Gabe released the larger batch stuff with such unnecessarily high limits, but it's his show to run.

KevSal likes this.
  12. KevSal

KevSal

well double oak got a round, cognac got bought out before the 15th person in line, id have set at least a case limit on it, but like you said not my show.

i honestly think he wants expecting it

13. domdomdomdom

domdomdomdom

Maybe and probably true, but the double oaked variant did sound the best. If I was given a pick of all the variants, I would take the double oaked.

14. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

I enjoyed Cognac more that DB oaked a few weeks ago. This really means nothing though

amk and Compton25 like this.
  15. iong516

iong516

It's more that the wording came off as shitting on the box set without being willing to say it outright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. iong516

iong516

Have only had the double oaked, but goddamn...

ExPimp, RyanMcFly1985 and Thevicster like this.