US - New England Lawsons Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by yasky, Jul 25, 2014.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. seedavid

seedavid

So Lawson's has been in NY for awhile, and is now in Philly.

But still nothing for NJ...

WHY DO YOU HATE YOUR HOME STATE MR. LAWSON?

2. into the white

into the white

Grabbed some of the 11/12 Chinooker'd cans that made their way to Boston last weekend and was really impressed - better than I remember the bottles being the last time I had Chinooker'd (spring 2015 maybe?). Hit a spot for me that's been missing a bit since Tree House juiceified Sap. (Still one of their best core beers, but damn if it didn't have a much more unique spot in the lineup a few years ago.)

g3ckoNJ likes this.
  3. Number45

Number45

How are Saturdays at the new taproom? Any reason to get there right at open to beat the crowds if you want to get a place to sit? Or has it generally been pretty chill up there? Just wondering, thanks in advance.

4. Takeanotherswig

Takeanotherswig

Went up last month and was real impressed with the space, the staff and mostly impressed by the month and a half old Double Sunshine can I just had that tasted best out of all of them. Last can I had left and wasn't expecting much but yeah you can sit on those if you want. The beer is definitely a little different than the original Double Sunshine but still a nice change from the NEIPA hazefest. Looking forward to spending more time there in March.

g3ckoNJ and Respirologist like this.
  5. g3ckoNJ

g3ckoNJ

Anyone hear any rumblings about the anniversary this year?

6. g3ckoNJ

g3ckoNJ

This thread is pretty dead but I finally got a chance to check out the new spot and it's pretty impressive. I like the layout for sure and the amount of different cans they have available is ridiculous compared to only getting a few bottles back at Warren Store back in the day. I did end up getting tickets to the anniversary just based on the fact that I love Peril so much.

7. raqnroll

raqnroll

I'm local and just went for the first time a few weeks ago and was equally impressed. Reminds me of a ski lodge.
    I don't know what took me so long to go.

8. MooltiPass

MooltiPass

When I dropped by a few weeks back there were skiers coming in from the slopes after being out all day. 100% agreed, really dug the tap room and the overall feel.

9. raqnroll

raqnroll

Anniversary party this weekend. Peril for days.

averagjoe3, wysiwyg and ilovestouts like this.
  10. raqnroll

raqnroll

Dude...Planting myself at the Vault Beer table in the brewery was the highlight of my beer year. I've been holding on to a bottle of 2011 Seared Palate Barleywine since picked up from original release day always looking for reviews to see if how it's drinking. Let me tell you, it's drinking beautifully. I'm going to hold on to mine for year 10 as directed...
    Other beers to note from the vault, 2010 Rye, 2010 Bourbon FMIS, 2012 Maple Barrel FMIS, 2014 Maple Trip. The Bourbon and Maple barrels both aged incredibly well.
    The Peril was great as always as well as all the other draft offerings, but that Vault table was top notch. So glad I went.

11. primebeer

primebeer Assistant to the Regional Moderator Contributor

What is this vault table?? I was there a few weeks ago and I didn't see anything about this. Had a great time nonetheless at the pleb tables.

12. raqnroll

raqnroll

Anniversary party on Friday night. They set up a table in the brewery to provide samples from bottles taken from their 'vault'.

Takeanotherswig and primebeer like this.