US - New England Lawsons Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by yasky, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Dino

Dino

I'll allow you to buy me a beer or 3 tomorrow as restitution for that comment.

2. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

Only local swill

3. Dino

Dino

Bernie Weiss??? I'd like to try it!

GuzzleMcBrew likes this.
  4. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

5. yasky

yasky

See some of you that Saturday afternoon!

seedavid likes this.
  6. raqnroll

raqnroll

2 tickets scored for the middle session at 12:02...Sooooo much better than getting up at dawn to get beers at noon...

seedavid likes this.
  7. Dino

Dino

We scored 4 for last session and 4 for the party at night.

8. seedavid

seedavid

If anybody is in/around Burlington right now, The Farmhouse Tap & Grill is having an unannounced Lawson's anniversary mini-event. Rum Barrel Fayston, Triple Sunshine, and Knockout Blonde are on.

9. bahnfire

bahnfire

So, for those that attended the sale and/or ball, how was it?

10. seedavid

seedavid

Sale was great. Buying a ticket and briefly waiting to get in and buy beer sure beats the hell out of waiting hours in the cold for a ticket, then coming back later to wait again to buy beer.

Also, for all of the great beers that were available, Double Sunshine blew me away all over again. Fuck, I love that beer.

Dino likes this.
  11. raqnroll

raqnroll

All what he said. The only unfortunate part was that I didn't realize that the draft pours were limited, IE, one and done for the session. Arrived, got our bottles, dropped them off back at the car, then got in line for the drafts. Double sun was kicked by the time we made it up front. Maybe 30-40mins? into the 90min session. That was upsetting. Other than that, was the best way to run the thing, not having to commit a full day, dawn wake up, cold line waits etc... Can't wait till next year.

Dino likes this.
  12. Dino

Dino

Exactly this.

13. purephase

purephase

14. Number45

Number45

KevinC and averagjoe3 like this.
  15. bahnfire

bahnfire

Somebody shoot me. I've managed to get into an argument with the yahoos in the Vermont's Finest Liquids Lovers!! group on FB about where SOS is brewed. Every so often some asks about the difference between the VT an CT brewed SOS, or when did they change brewing locations. And every time I post that its never been brewed in VT and only at Two Roads and I get a bunch of gobshites telling me I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about. Today it happened again. I posted again. I was told I was wrong...again. So I dug through Lawsons old blog posts and found the post where they announced the very first batch of SOS and of course it confirms it was brewed at Two Roads. So I posted the link and hopefully that can squash all the bullshit rumors for good.

TL;DR
    Don't argue with idiots on facebook and SOS has only been brewed at Two Roads.

16. gregkoko

gregkoko

ftfy

17. Dooley

Dooley

Does the Warren store still stock Lawsons?

BulkCarrier likes this.
  18. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie

I mean this only with respect, but what happened to Lawson's? I love their beer, I never hear about it anymore, I never see it anywhere, it's like a ghost, do people even throw ISOs up for it? The last comment on this thread was in May. I know they don't do the farmers markets anymore, and there's plans for expansion, but can you get beer from them anymore? I'm of course not talking about SS2 or SOS, which are great in their own right. Not complaining, simply curious.

19. Don

Don

they had a ticketed sale this weekend at mad river glen, it didn't immediately sell out which is a pretty big change from the last couple. I think the availability of SOS and SS2 has tampered down the hype. I think there's also only a certain amount of room on the IPA hypewagon and it's mostly occupied in new england now by trillium and treehouse, even alchemist hype is a fraction of what it used to be.

20. GreenMtnMike

GreenMtnMike

I'm not sure what the final number was, but there were a lot of people at the sale today. Releases have been pretty sporadic, beyond the mentioned SOS and SS2, but I think that's because of the planned brewery opening. If they're still shooting for Spring '17 I'm sure it's taking up some time.