Lawson's - Waitsfield Farmer's Market 10.12.13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovermont

Reaction score
Any BT members considering going?

http://www.lawsonsfinest.blogspot.com/

Maple Barrel-Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout (11%; 2013 release!) - $15/375ml
OCB-LFL Double Dose IPA (8.5%) - $15/4pack - 12oz
Double Sunshine IPA (8%) - $9/22oz (Farmer's Market only release of bottles!)
Chinooker'd IPA (6.9%) - $8/22oz
Vermont Cascade (local hop) Harvest Ale (5.5%) - $7/22oz
2012 Maple Tripple Ale (12%) - $25/500ml

Would love to try and work out a trade/arrangement for a Maple BA Fayston (and maybe a DS if possible) with anyone going. Message me if you might be interested.

I'll be going, as normal. Although looks like I might be going solo this time for the first time in awhile.

What time should people plan on arriving? I was thinking 8ish to make sure I get bottles, sound right? Or should I show up at 6 in the morning like this was a HF release???

What time should people plan on arriving? I was thinking 8ish to make sure I get bottles, sound right? Or should I show up at 6 in the morning like this was a HF release???
We showed up at 825 last time and missed out on Chinookerd.

What, is there a crew of Bostonians that carpool up?

Sign me up!
Yeah we usually have a group that goes up and hangs in VT all day. Last time our trip was from 4am til 11 pm lol, kinda turns in to a long day.

Looks like we might be organizing a carpool up, I have room for at least 1 more. Free ride, will just have to get up real early! Will be hitting Lawson's, HF, and possibly blue lobster.

Looks like we might be organizing a carpool up, I have room for at least 1 more. Free ride, will just have to get up real early! Will be hitting Lawson's, HF, and possibly blue lobster.

cbx_logo.png

updated announced bottle limits...

2 bottle limit - Maple Barrel-Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout (11%; 2013 release!) - $15/375ml
2 bottle limit - Chinooker'd IPA (6.9%) - $8/22oz
2 bottle limit - Cascade (local hop) Harvest Ale (5.5%) - $7/22oz
4 bottle limit - Double Sunshine IPA (8%) - $9/22oz (Farmer's Market only release of bottles!)
4 bottle limit - 2012 Maple Tripple Ale (12%) - $25/500ml
2 Four-pack limit - Otter Creek/Lawson's Finest Double Dose IPA (8.5%) - $15/4pack of 12oz bottles

I'm going to just miss out on this -- I land on the 13th in Boston. Any chance any of these will be in the Warren Store?

Bummer about the drop in Maple BA Fayston, but glad it will help spread the wealth a bit more. Silver lining - I avoid buying another $60 4pk o_O

I can taste those bison flatbreads already though... can't wait for Saturday morning!

I'll be going, as normal. Although looks like I might be going solo this time for the first time in awhile.

You have ruined me. Everytime I see or think about Lawsons and their releases, in the back of my mind I am wondering if you are going.

Cant thank you enough for toating those delicious goods to PA. I am down to only 2 left and im dragging my feet on killing them.

You have ruined me. Everytime I see or think about Lawsons and their releases, in the back of my mind I am wondering if you are going.

Cant thank you enough for toating those delicious goods to PA. I am down to only 2 left and im dragging my feet on killing them.
If they hadn't dropped the Chinookerd limit I would have sent you a couple for cost and a shipping label! Maybe next time!

If (by some strange longshot) there are any hop freaks out there wanting more Chinooker'd, Harvest, or Double Dose (or even Tripple) and not wanting to buy both of their Fayston bottles let me know.

supposedly waking up in two hours to start my day and hit up the farmer's market, yet i just cracked another heady.

...cue waah waah trombone sound...

6xQooJ1.jpg

Market was hopping, I passed on bottles. Got there at about 10 and they were up to ~150 in tickets, and just starting to serve people, I believe.

If you're at the market, and enjoy sour/wild beers, do yourself a favor and get some kombucha from the guy near the pizza place. It's a must. There farmer right in front of the lawson's tent also had some awesome tomatoes

Think they said first 120 got all bottles. Chinooker and the cascade were the short supply. From what I overheard at least enough for 200 people for dbl sunshine, maple barrel, and maple tripple.

I got there at around 7:35am and sat in my car like an idiot instead of getting a ticket asap; ended up with 66 and had to wait until 10am

were tickets distributed prior to 8am?
Absolutely no idea. I got there, parked, sat in my car, looked around for a bit but didn't know what to look for, got out, looked around some more, and finally retreated my car because it was cold. When I saw some people assemble into a small line I ran over. Since I got #66 at 8:04 and was behind only a dozen people, I wonder where the other 4 dozen were?

Anyone else load up on beer and other farmers' market goodies yesterday?

Had a local friend come through in a big way. Missed out on last year's maple barrel variant, so looking forward to revisiting later tonight..

k7V2bqL.jpg

were tickets distributed prior to 8am?

Yes, seems like some point around 7:45 they started giving out tickets. I'm pretty sure they reserved some of the first tickets, too, because DonFrap was near the front of the line before 8 and got a ticket in the 40's. My group arrived right around 8 and got the last few 60s.

a little odd to announce that tickets are being distributed at 8am, but seemingly distribute prior to that. they can run it however they see fit though.

applaud them for trying new things at least. the ticket system is a major improvement over having to stand in line for hours--and allows folks to actually walk around and buy goodies from other vendors.

a little odd to announce that tickets are being distributed at 8am, but seemingly distribute prior to that. they can run it however they see fit though.

Giving out tickets early doesn't really affect anything. Anyone that got a ticket before 8 would have been in line before anyone that arrived between 7:45 - 8 anyways.

Yes, seems like some point around 7:45 they started giving out tickets. I'm pretty sure they reserved some of the first tickets, too, because DonFrap was near the front of the line before 8 and got a ticket in the 40's. My group arrived right around 8 and got the last few 60s.
Oh, so DonFrap did go up?

I was going to catch a ride up with him but then he said something came up

Yeah he mentioned his wife had been sick and he had thought about skipping to stay home with her, but I guess she felt better enough that he felt comfortable going up. I'm guessing it was too early to re-coordinate with you on the ride. Glad you made it up, though!

Yeah sorry Ataraxia my wife pushed me to go late night so I went, didn't really have time to recoordinate. Glad you made it up regardless! I'm at the pats game, may not remember this post lol

Back