Leaky Cantillon LPK - any consensus on responsibility?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by bauermj, Jun 9, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. bauermj

bauermj

Hey guys, been a while since I had a question. I shipped two LPK's to california Mon Jun 3 - Fri Jun 7 and the receiver has sent pictures that 1 of the bottles leaked. They were shipped using belgiuminabox noodles which have never let me down before. The box wasn't damaged, but I believe due to Cantillon poor caps and corks, plus perhaps 5 day travel time in June to california (from chicago) caused the bottle to leak.

I cannot replace the bottle and it was a sale so I'm going to refund some of the money (bottle 2 no problems), I just don't know how to determine how much of this I am responsible for, vs. the risk we take in requesting it shipped ground this time of year.

Lots of posts on the subject of leaky cantillon, and many saying the bottle will still be fine. The fill level still high.

Appreciate any feedback on this area. Pics attached. Thanks

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Photekut likes this.
  2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Always wear a rubber.™

3. stupac2

stupac2

If it were a trade I'd say that's just how things go and the recipient should understand that, especially given that he apparently decided to get it shipped during a heat wave. But given that it was a sale it's different, although in general Cantillon leaking a small amount doesn't affect the remainder in the bottle at all, so I dunno.

Don't ship when it's really hot out.

buzzword, wendela13, oldp0rt and 2 others like this.
  4. PrinceCasual

PrinceCasual

These fuckerz** might decide to leak whilst chilling in a $3000 Viking, ain't nothing you can do about it. 'loon'd

** and by fuckerz I mean my precious. mmm LPK!

5. acurtis

acurtis

Doesn't appear that the bottle leaked much, maybe an oz? If I was the receiver I would just chalk this up to the hazards of shipping and not be looking for any discount from you.

sliverx and iong516 like this.
  6. jdd419

jdd419

Photekut likes this.