Leesburg, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brees6221

Reaction score
I'll be in Leesburg Monday through Wednesday this week. How far will I need to drive to find a beer store with a decent selection of things I can't get in MD, to take home with me? Should I be able to find CCB beers nearby? Thanks.

Last edited:
Well friend, some other people may be able to chime in but there are a few options, neither of which are ideal. You are about an hour away from both Orlando and Gainesville. If you choose to go to Orlando, hit up Knightly Spirits. They have a bunch of stores but most people recommend the Orange Blossom location. You can also hit up Redlight Redlight, an amazing beer bar. If you choose to go to Gainesville you can go to Tipple's. They have a pretty outstanding selection of beers. While in Gainesville I highly advise you go to Swamphead. If you're a wild man and don't give a **** about driving, CCB is 1.5 hours away from Leesburg. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Prescott

Definitely want to hit up the OBT (orange blossom trail) location if you come to Orlando. The other locations are just mini stores branched from it. Total wine is only like 15 min away from knightly as well.

If you don't want to make a large commute, this store (in Leesburg) has a pretty decent craft selection and is very local. Should have CCB distributed stuff

Bob's liquors.......
  • 705 N 14th St
  • Leesburg, Florida 34748
Phone(352) 315-0000

If you don't want to make a large commute, this store (in Leesburg) has a pretty decent craft selection and is very local. Should have CCB distributed stuff

Bob's liquors.......
  • 705 N 14th St
  • Leesburg, Florida 34748
Phone(352) 315-0000

Thanks. It looks like that's the place I'm going to go if I have a chance to get out. Most of my time spent here is with my grandfather who just had major surgery, and I'd be borrowing my parents' car, so it may be a little tricky and I wouldn't be going far. I'm staying in Eustis and it looks like that's the only place that may carry Cigar City beer nearby.

Do Publix stores or any other chains around here carry basic craft beer? I've had luck in Ohio finding good stuff at places like Kroger, Meijer and even Wal-Mart, but I know everywhere is different.

For any of you baller whale hunters, Michelob Celebrate 2006 Gift boxes can be found at a nearby thrift store, marked $35 but they'll come down to $25, lol. (seriously)

Thanks. It looks like that's the place I'm going to go if I have a chance to get out. Most of my time spent here is with my grandfather who just had major surgery, and I'd be borrowing my parents' car, so it may be a little tricky and I wouldn't be going far. I'm staying in Eustis and it looks like that's the only place that may carry Cigar City beer nearby.

Do Publix stores or any other chains around here carry basic craft beer? I've had luck in Ohio finding good stuff at places like Kroger, Meijer and even Wal-Mart, but I know everywhere is different.

For any of you baller whale hunters, Michelob Celebrate 2006 Gift boxes can be found at a nearby thrift store, marked $35 but they'll come down to $25, lol. (seriously)

Publix will normally have CCB shelf stuff(Jai Alai, Maduro, etc) and a fair selection of other craft, and the Publix by me allows for mixed sixers. FYI there is also an ABC liquors on 441 that is a couple of miles away from Bobs on 441 that might also have decent selection.

Best wishes on your grandfathers health, may he heal quickly.

Thanks for all the info guys. I just ended up grabbing a few sixers of Jai Alai at Publix.

Back