Libertine Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious question: most of the club beers I've seen from them are dark sours. Is that true?

Also, did they ship last year? How much did that cost?

Serious question: most of the club beers I've seen from them are dark sours. Is that true?

Don't know the first answer, as for the second I understand this will be the first time they are offering shipping within CA. No idea on cost, but I do plan on doing pick ups mainly if I can time trips down that way correctly this year.

As stated, this is the first time they have done shipping but I would venture a guess that they will use GSO like Rarebarrel and Bruery so I would assume the prices would be roughly the same so like $25-30 for a case.

No, they had a Chocolate Vanilla Famboise, and a Saison they brewed, and one called Figster I got to try down in San Diego. All three not dark. No shipping last year, but they did haul down bottles for anybody in San Diego, who was in the club.
They also have a Gose that was released this weekend.

The Libertine is a figment of your imagination. You are all high it doesn't exist.

But for reals, the 1st year I was in and it was 80% fruited or un-fruited standard sours and 20% dark sours. Raspberry, pomegranate were my favorite, as were a few of the blends they did like the Red White and Blue oak. They do a lot of Gose and Gose with different adjuncts, all made with water from the bay. I didn't get in year 2, but I saw a lot of the same flavors. They did a lot with chocolate and vanilla in their standard offerings. They have expanded a lot, and I saw the Framboise in a grocery store in Paso and was super excited.

My biggest complaints are their email communication and bottle releases. Makes me appreciate the ease of Bruery/TRB releases.
They've changed that this year. Here's a quote from the owner about 2016 vs 2015, "we will be making certain bottles available in the tasting room in slo on a weekly basis. Like a "bottle of the week" kinda thing. Just a few cases. First come first serve. Rotating each week. Members this year will have access to a lot more cool stuff throughout the year with the new website, staff and brewery."

They've changed that this year. Here's a quote from the owner about 2016 vs 2015, "we will be making certain bottles available in the tasting room in slo on a weekly basis. Like a "bottle of the week" kinda thing. Just a few cases. First come first serve. Rotating each week. Members this year will have access to a lot more cool stuff throughout the year with the new website, staff and brewery."

Definitely glad to see this. It certainly wasn't a deal breaker but an improved site and communication will help them tremendously. Looking forward to the final bottles for this year.

Smart move - Sante Adairius uses that same model with great success.

I'm not signing up for the Libertine club, but I wish them great success. There is a huge need for more excellent sour producers in this state.

tosh if you ever make the trip a bit further south after hitting Libertine, drop me a line - I would enjoy having a beer or two with you, or perhaps visiting Barrelworks.
How South?

I am in Pasadena soon? Also a trip to Santa Barbara is happening soon. SLO, then Santa Barbara is the plan.

12273665_523289881180641_3675580672847965994_o.jpg

11229380_522680754574887_8072406513324851065_o.jpg

1st two of the three beers being released for membership. there is a bottle release party going down on jan 17th. I'm thinking about going, only to get more bottles of that pepe le pluot of course.

I'm hoping Libertine gets the idea this year to let us know what's going on as well as first shot at limited runs, like I was told was to happen this year.

So the first club beers went on sale today. Hope anyone who wanted extra Pluot bought early. Currently showing as sold out. wonder if that means no extra's on sale at the Release Party this weekend?

Didn't bother ordering since I was going on Sunday and wanted to make an informed purchase after trying the beer. these guys have been pretty hit and miss IMO. So much for that plan. Not sure if I would have popped on it had I known it was first come first serve but I can say I wish they had communicated that.

Think i'm gonna bag my trip down on Sunday since its a long drive and I have zero confidence in these guys ability to handle anything at this point...

The emails stated only whatever was left after the online sale would be on sale at the release. I passed only because the email also stated the bottles had to be shipped and would not be able to be picked up... which I thought was ridiculous and made no sense to the people actually going to the release (or locals for that matter). If that changes and people are picking them up at the release, I am going to have some sad feels...

I would have expected the opposite actually... you have the release party, allow members who attend to buy the allocation if they want, then sell the remaining online to members.

if we can't make the release party, when will they be sending the allocations for the members. I bought one of each extra, but there was no option to have these shipped out with the allocations.

I mean it is their first year with shipping and all, but come on man!

gWipIBmBTQoxX76Q1LBuVtmL_U8BQjAu_pitzhNTIYYTffWQJFe2pKeVxIBxRTYTjxoG1n4sqpHf9e7BzEY6XhvYK3P_D1fDRw00GhLJM9d94PBi-uBnXwjuBwzQ3-w6O753LXWo2sWU5bRUwpGjRez2gEOkR1BpZmQ9yuY=s0-d-e1-ft

A few quick reminders...

Hey Libertines -

To clear up any confusion, here is information about the pick-up party on Sunday. If you still have any questions, please contact us directly at[email protected].

-We still have bottles available for members to purchase in-person on Sunday, Jan. 17th at 11am at the San Luis Obispo brewery.

-The party will have multiple complimentary samples of rare beers and cheeses, plus live music from our friends, The Turkey Buzzards.

-Your custom Libertine Brewing hydroflask growler, glass, t-shirt, and threeWild Registry bottles will be available to pickup. If you want these items shipped to you, there will be an option online in our Member Store shortly after the release. Due to the packaging for these items, we cannot combine other orders to your members allotment.

-Your Wild Registry membership includes the Libertine Brewing gear (mentioned above), 30% discount on bottle purchases, and 12 unique bottles of small-batch wild ales throughout the year. Any additional bottles of these (when available) will be released to members on a first come, first serve basis. For the bottle release yesterday, we sold half of the amount online and held the other half for people coming to the party to purchase them in-person.

-We recommend getting to the pick-up party on time on Sunday (11am) to ensure that you are able to purchase any of these extra bottles if you wish. These are limited beers and the possibility of being sold out is very likely. Your allocated bottles for this pick-up include one Saison Fonce, one Boardroom Blend and one Pepe Le Pluot and will be held for 90 days, so please make arrangements to visit us or to have them shipped.

Questions? Please email us at [email protected].

Cheers,
Tyler & the Libertine Brewing crew

Anyone go the release? Interested on opinions on the beers I bought blind?
It was a good time. It was like a mini Barrelworks party. A few jockey boxes, a cheese table, some live music, hanging out in the barrel room...

Pluot was good. Not overly sour, actually had pluot flavor, which is hard. Jove was their gose with blackberries and was quite good too. Had multiple glasses of both. Boardroom was surprisingly tasty (I had low expectations going in). So much so that I bought 2 extra bottles.

Had free tasters of all the beers in the tap room, almost won some free beer playing disc golf and left with my growler filled with Passion of the Table. Then walked down the street and got a big ass tri-tip sandwich. Was a good afternoon.

It was a good time. It was like a mini Barrelworks party. A few jockey boxes, a cheese table, some live music, hanging out in the barrel room...

Pluot was good. Not overly sour, actually had pluot flavor, which is hard. Jove was their gose with blackberries and was quite good too. Had multiple glasses of both. Boardroom was surprisingly tasty (I had low expectations going in). So much so that I bought 2 extra bottles.

Had free tasters of all the beers in the tap room, almost won some free beer playing disc golf and left with my growler filled with Passion of the Table. Then walked down the street and got a big ass tri-tip sandwich. Was a good afternoon.
Firestone Grill?

Back