LIF: Cami's Journey

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by Compton25, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Compton25

Compton25

TalkBeer-

Coming to you all for help in supporting a special little girl. We met Cambria Tate and her parents thru a Facebook support group for families suffering from Acute Flaccid Myelitis. AFM is a new disease that is similar to Polio and attacks the spinal cord in young children. In Cami and my daughter's case, it resulted in overnight paralysis from the neck down. There is no official cause or cure for AFM, but at this point long term physical therapy has been the most promising avenue for regaining movement.

We chose Cami for this fundraiser since our daughters are the same age and were diagnosed a week apart. The girls have been able to draw strength from watching each other's progress on Facebook. Long term therapy costs and adaptive equipment are the biggest needs for Cami, but related expenses from the many trips to appointments add up as well.

Contributions can be made here:
    www.gofundme.com/110CambriaTate?d=167761590

• Make sure you note your TalkBeer handle in the comments, and confirm with a post in this thread, for your donation to be entered into the drawing for prizes.
    • Every $20 you donate is good for one entry into the drawing.
    • Entries close on 7/31. A random drawing on 8/1 will determine the winners.
    Prize box containing:
    [​IMG]
    (TBtoo, TB bourbon #1, Proper Glassware, Zwanze 2010, and 2005 St. Lam)

Thank you all in advance,
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  2. tikk

tikk

Do you have a direct link by any chance Mark? I get a plugin not supported on my phone and tablet and I really want to donate and help out.

3. tikk

tikk

Great cause. Donation sent.

4. brentsdodgers

brentsdodgers

Donation sent. Goodluck Cambria. Compton25 she's lucky to have you fighting for her.

5. Competicity

Competicity

[​IMG]

So much to salute here....but most importantly the girls themselves meeting this tremendous challenge with grace and strength, and of course their parents too for supporting them along this difficult path.

Donation sent.

Compton25 bravo for your outstanding generosity in raising funds to support your daughter's friend who is similarly affected...wishing all the best for your daughter and your family, along with Cami and her family too.

6. jvanaus

jvanaus

Hey everyone,

With Compton25's blessing, I would like to add in a donation for the LIF to help however I can. I had planned on throwing together a LIF after winning raginasian238's school's out LIF in the Catalina 2.0, but I can't think of a better place for these bottles than right here. So, I would like to donate the below bottles in raginasian238's name in thanks for the wonderful generosity she has shown on TB for the last few years. Thank you!

Winner gets the below bottles plus I'll fill out the remaining three slots in a six shipper with Chicago local favorites. Just for informational purposes, I'm the original owner for all bottles. Let's get after this LIF and raise some serious cash for Cami!

Transient Sporadic #3 (member only - wild farmhouse aged in oak)
    Side Project Merci B1 (STL Wine and Cheese Place exclusive)
    3F Hommage B2 (I think?) - Bottled 2013

Front:

[​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

7. jvanaus

jvanaus

Donated as well.

Echoing Competicity - these girls are incredibly courageous and the support you and your family provide is such a wonderful thing to see.

It's a difficult thing to face as a parent, and as a future parent myself, it's difficult to think about what you all must be feeling. However, the way you have faced this head on with determination and courage, knowing it can be beat is inspiring. All the best to your daughter and Cami - we're all cheering them on!

8. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

9. Compton25

Compton25

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. We hit $400 in two days! Cami's parents are aware of the TB contributions and passed along their amazement and sincere thanks to everyone on TalkBeer.

10. BusinessSloth

BusinessSloth

Compton25 I donated, but kept my TB name off the comments. You know how I like to keep TB separate from my real name...Will PM you proof of donation instead

11. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

Good luck, Cami! Team TB is rooting for you!

12. GetchaPull

GetchaPull

Go get em, Cami! Donation sent.

daniel, mateoloco, quirk6 and 7 others like this.
  13. jrstar96

jrstar96

donated!

14. nanobrew

nanobrew

With all of the support Sara and I have been given, there is no way we couldn't give back a little.

p.s. there is no way I am watching that video as I am sure it will make me tear up

15. nanobrew

nanobrew

Compton25 and I are teaming up!

[​IMG]

We are teaming up to bring attention to my LIF and Cami's LIF, as we know there are many generous TBers here. If you contribute at least $20 to both LIFs you will be entered to win TWO boxes. This raffle will be open until July 31st (happens to be Sara and my Anniversary). To be entered in for the other boxes (14 in total) in the LIF: Funds for IVF you will need to enter by July 12th, but you can still be entered into the this combo raffle as long as you donate by the 31st.

Details:
    • Enter both Funds for IVF and Cami's Journey with at least $20 to be entered (only one entry per person)
    • Entry will close on July 31st
    • Winner will get two boxes
      Compton25 box: 6 bottle shipper including: 2013-2016 3F OG 750ml, Boon Black Label b1 750ml, & Tilquin Squared b2 750ml
    nanobrew box: Load of local IPAs, including; Pizza Port, Modern Times, Rip Current, + others​
    • Make sure to place a message in BOTH threads if you have donated so I can add you to the list. If you have already donated in both, then you are entered. If you have donated in one, head over to the other LIF and get entered!

16. greg4579

greg4579

I was going to reach out to Compton25 about donating a box for Cami but I was struggling because nanobrew still hadn't reached his goal - I said earlier how this hits close to home as my wife and I were an eventual IVF success story. This looks like the perfect opportunity to raise money for both! I will add a box to this combined winner with a Goose Island Vanilla Rye and Cherry Rye.

17. scramin85

scramin85

Donated!

daniel, mateoloco, quirk6 and 8 others like this.
  18. RuckIt

RuckIt

Donated!

daniel, mateoloco, GetchaPull and 4 others like this.
  19. quirk6

quirk6

Donated!

daniel, mateoloco, GetchaPull and 4 others like this.
  20. Compton25

Compton25

Shout out to everyone who has donated so far, we're over $700! Thank you all!!

daniel, tosh, Competicity and 6 others like this.