Lost Abbey News & Updates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupac2

Reaction score
I spoke with Tomme last night at the Cable Car release, and he told me two bits of news that I was really excited about:

1) Veritas 012 is CCK, except without the over-carbonation issues. He also said that they're looking to make CCK into a production beer, though I'm not exactly clear on what that means. I tried to get clarification on if that meant something the size of Red Poppy or FdA, but I didn't get it. Either way, if they're making it for the general public that would be really awesome.

2) Track 8 (bourbon barrel Judgment Day with spices, basically their Hunahpu/Abraxas/Mexican Cake type thing) is going to be a regular release. He said they have (IIRC) 80 barrels of it waiting, and it should be a release on the scale of Deliverance. Maybe this isn't exciting to anyone else, but I loved Track 8, so I was happy to hear it.

Super stoked to hear both bits of info. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Track 8 was one of the best beers to come out of that box set and I'm really looking forward to being able to have access to it again in the future.

Mayan Judgment Day was absolutely gross. Not BA - just a horrible variation of JD.

Ah didn't realize track 8 was barrel-aged. I had Mayan JD at Lost Abbey last winter, I remember liking it but I was pretty drunk by the time I got to it.

Ah didn't realize track 8 was barrel-aged. I had Mayan JD at Lost Abbey last winter, I remember liking it but I was pretty drunk by the time I got to it.
from OP....
2) Track 8 (bourbon barrel Judgment Day with spices, basically their Hunahpu/Abraxas/Mexican Cake type thing) is going to be a regular release. He said they have (IIRC) 80 barrels of it waiting, and it should be a release on the scale of Deliverance. Maybe this isn't exciting to anyone else, but I loved Track 8, so I was happy to hear it.

feeling like a cheeky koont today m8

So does this mean the value of V012 is rising, the value of CCK is dropping, or none of it will be carbonated and we've all been Tomme'd again?
I honestly don't think it affects value at all. I mean, people always go crazy for the first release of things, and I have no information about when it'll be a general release, or how big it'll be. I think that, for now at least, most people won't really change their valuations.

Though I personally don't care all that much about these things.

So...who's ready to watch Nexternal crash this year!
cookie-monster-cookies-surprise.gif

I know there were inquiries (myself included) regarding the Cable Car release. I totally forgot I have an old college friend that now works for LA. Sent him a message asking about the release and got this response:
"We're actually just working on this year's blend for CC so it will still be a while... I'll ask at work what the timeline is and get back to you."

Cable Car has nothing to do with SD though, why would you correlate the two events?
Wow, my calendar's all out of whack. I could've sworn that Toronado typically did a Cable Car Release Day event every year during SDBW, but that hasn't been true since CCK. My bad.

For reference, 2013 was released in October, and 2012 in December.

Wow, my calendar's all out of whack. I could've sworn that Toronado typically did a Cable Car Release Day event every year during SDBW, but that hasn't been true since CCK. My bad.

For reference, 2013 was released in October, and 2012 in December.
To be fair, Toronado SD may have done some limited Cable Car stuff last year during SDBW, but I suspect that was just because it was convenient to when it was released at Toronado SF.

Back