Lost Abbey Ultimate Box Set RELOAD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetracked

Reaction score
Press release postin' -- better delete any existing discussion.
---

SAN MARCOS, CA: The Lost Abbey’s Ultimate Box Set tour is coming to a close. To commemorate a year of The Ultimate Box Set, The Lost Abbey will have an Ultimate Box Set RELOAD. A one-time opportunity for Box Set owners to refill their existing Box Set or stock up on a few of their favorite tracks to stash away for the future. Sales of the individual tracks will commence November 5th at Noon PST for Box Set Owners.

Any remaining Tracks will be made available Saturday, November 9th, to the general public for purchase online. This will be the first and only time The Lost Abbey has allowed tracks to be purchased and leave the brewery. Previously, all sales of individual Tracks were allocated for on-site consumption only. All sales (both Box Set Owners and General Public) will be pre-sold online at www.lostabbey.com.

Ultimate Box Set Tracks 4 through 11 will be available (while supplies last) for purchase at $20 each and be limited to 2-3 bottles per track per person. (Full track availability at www.lostabbey.com)

Pickup for the purchased bottles will begin Friday, November 22nd and last through December 1st (Thanksgiving Weekend). Hours for pickup will be limited to the tasting room hours (www.lostabbey.com/tastingroom). If the purchased bottles are not picked up during the 10-day window, the bottles will be surrendered back to the brewery. More info on the pickup procedure(s) can be found at www.lostabbey.com

In addition, Saturday, November 23rd will be the final “Ultimate Box Set Wrap Party”, held at The Lost Abbey for all “Backstage Pass” holders (Original Ultimate Box Set Owners plus guest). A few special kegs and goodies will be on hand to help wrap the tour up. Each Ultimate Box Set owner will be contacted with further details regarding the Wrap Party.

nice, I can purchase more tracks. except i have to plan a trip to san diego to go pick them up SMH!

Also why would they have the party thanksgiving weekend?

Last edited:
Are they openly admitting they still haven't sold out of all the track sets? That's hilarious.
...in the most awkward way possible. "No! We didn't NOT sell them. We're just making some more available to "reload" your set! It's super exclusive!"

so...define "Box Set owners to refill their existing Box Set" - if i have an empty box set, can i buy tracks or is it the person who originally bought the set? and for out of staters...i imagine a proxy is necessary?

so...define "Box Set owners to refill their existing Box Set" - if i have an empty box set, can i buy tracks or is it the person who originally bought the set? and for out of staters...i imagine a proxy is necessary?
It's only the bad tracks, more or less. (Well, track 8 is good, but I doubt it has aged all that well.)

i thought all 13 were tasty.
do you know what the parameters are to be considered an "owner" of the set for the refills?
They're doing a private sale, then a public sale. Needing to pick it up in person during a short window is really the limiting thing.

I know for online purchase of the box they modified your account so you could purchase the box set. I would assume it's going to be similar for the online sale in that only the people who purchased the box set will be able to see the items for sale. Similar to RS beers for the Bruery. I guess we'll know for sure in an hour.

Speaking as someone who purchased his box in person and is not seeing the beers available on the store, should I be pinging the customer service folks?

Speaking as someone who purchased his box in person and is not seeing the beers available on the store, should I be pinging the customer service folks?
Probably, they've been pretty responsive for me in the past.

Back