Make A Wish - Shelf Turd Edition

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by ardyexfor, Jan 30, 2015.

1. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Welcome to the Make A Wish Thread - Shelf Turd Edition!!! This is a long term BIF. Open to any member of 90+ days and 50+ posts. CONUS only.

The Rules

1. A member will make a wish list of 10 or more beers they would like to have. These should be 'shelf' type beers that are readily available for the majority of people near the brewery or the breweries distribution. Seasonal beers are OK as long as they are readily available and easily obtainable. An attempt at the definition of a shelf beer is at the bottom of this post.

2. Then, someone who is able to provide at least 2 beers on the list, will post up ‘that they can fulfill the wish’.

3. Once you see the post fulfilling your wish, send a pm to that person with your shipping address. Then post a confirmation of 'Wish Granted' in the MAW Thread. Now they get to post up their own MAW 'Wish List'

4. Ship your wish fulfillment package in a timely manner. There is no quicker way to generate ire from your TB peers than to leave them waiting. If there is a delay in getting it out….COMMUNICATE. We all know things pop up, be courteous and give your wish recipient a heads up.

5. If someone accepts to fulfill the current MAW and doesnt follow through, they will receive negative trade feedback and be banned from participating in the BIF.

6. Shipping must include tracking, when you get the package sent out.... A) send the tracking info via PM to the recipient and B) Post in the open thread that a PM has been sent to the recipient with the tracking info. Do not post tracking info in the open thread. Doing so will result in being banned from the MAW

7. Let the members know when you’ve received your package by posting up pictures of your MAW.

8. Please wait a week after agreeing to fulfill a wish before doing so again. This allows for others to participate in the thread.

9. This kind of thread ebbs and flows, sometimes it is extremely active, others it moves slow. Use this to judge if your wishes need to be expanded, especially if your list is high end beers or extremely rare and limited production.

10. Have fun!!!

Reminders and Suggestions:

-TB is not responsible for any problems or mishaps should any arise

-You have to grant a wish before posting yours.

-This is not a contest of quantity or who can outdo who, but extras are encouraged. While limited release beers should not be on your list, you are allowed to send them as extras, of course.

- This thread is not for seeking 'Whales', if someone had to stand in line for a single day limited release, that beer should not be on your list. If these types of beers end up on your list, you will be asked to remove them. If you are looking for limited release beers go here: http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/make-a-wish.17625/

-If your list has not been granted within a few days or so, make some additions. There is no specific time frame for additions but it helps to move things along. Bigger lists tend to get granted more quickly.

Note: The following members will be moderating this thread. If you have any suggestions or if there are any “bumps” along the way, please send a pm and they’ll do their best to handle the situation. Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.

ardyexfor
    Indytruks138

Cheers and have fun!

*Definition of shelf beers - These should be readily/currently available beers that can be purchased by someone in the breweries marketplace without: standing in line (within reason), entering a lottery, extremely limited allocations (e.g. limit 1-2/PP releases), etc. You should literally be able to walk in and pick it up off the shelf (or ask for your growler to be filled). Seasonal, brewery only and limited release beers are OK, but only if they are again readily/currently available on the shelf at a store or brewery for you to simply walk in and purchase. Honestly if you have to ask about availability other than whether it's in season or not, it probably shouldn't be on your list.

Banned List:
    Hezzi
    lucas1801

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

So I figure we can start this out just like last time, first 10 people that post a number between 1-10. Then I will pick a number at random to go first. So it will be free beer for you to start!

jivex5k and Farnsworth like this.
  3. atoulouk

atoulouk

7, love me some shelf turdz

4. beersis81

beersis81

4, great idea!

jivex5k and ardyexfor like this.
  5. Farnsworth

Farnsworth

I think I'm looking forward to this one more than the other.
    [​IMG]

jivex5k, omgrr, elkhunter36 and 3 others like this.
  6. Lasering

Lasering

6 yay for turds!

jivex5k, elkhunter36 and ardyexfor like this.
  7. coldcrash

coldcrash

8. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Half way there..

jivex5k likes this.
  9. quirk6

quirk6

In, 1!

jivex5k and ardyexfor like this.
  10. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Don't know if you guys noticed, but I also lowered the post count to 50 on this one.

jivex5k and LSMroz like this.
  11. Johnnie Nepal

Johnnie Nepal

12. Farnsworth

Farnsworth

Awe, don't do that.
    People shouldn't have a hard time getting to 100.

13. AleApostle

AleApostle

8, thanks for the chance.

14. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

I figured easier beers, easier to get in, but if everyone else agrees I will change back to 100.

nathanmiller likes this.
  15. BeersMorgan

BeersMorgan

[​IMG]

Lurking until after learning my fate in Super Bowl pools

16. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

I wonder how many turd MAWs will be granted by Monday.

mborden likes this.
  17. mborden

mborden

NEIN!

I mean 9.

18. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Who's taking 10 so we can get this party started?

19. Hubarooski

Hubarooski

10!

elkhunter36 likes this.
  20. Farnsworth

Farnsworth

Quick question, would beers available for growlers be OK for this? For instance, if I see that Tree House has Julius on tap for growlers, would that be OK to add to the list?

ardyexfor and atoulouk like this.