Make A Wish

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by ardyexfor, Dec 6, 2014.

1. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Welcome to Make A Wish(MAW) Thread!!! This is a long term BIF. Open to any member of 90+ days and 100+ posts. CONUS only.

The Rules

1. A member will make a wish list of 10 or more beers they would like to have.

2. Then, someone who is able to provide at least 2 beers on the list, will post up ‘that they can fulfill the wish’.

3. Once you see the post fulfilling your wish, send a pm to that person with your shipping address. Then post a confirmation of 'Wish Granted' in the MAW Thread. Now they get to post up their own MAW 'Wish List'

4. Ship your wish fulfillment package in a timely manner. There is no quicker way to generate ire from your TB peers than to leave them waiting. If there is a delay in getting it out….COMMUNICATE. We all know things pop up, be courteous and give your wish recipient a heads up.

5. If someone accepts to fulfill the current MAW and doesnt follow through, they will receive negative trade feedback and be banned from participating in the BIF.

6. Shipping must include tracking, when you get the package sent out.... A) send the tracking info via PM to the recipient and B) Post in the open thread that a PM has been sent to the recipient with the tracking info. Do not post tracking info in the open thread. Doing so will result in being banned from the MAW

7. Let the members know when you’ve received your package by posting up pictures of your MAW.

8. Please wait a week after fulfilling a wish before doing so again. This allows for others to participate in the thread.

9. This kind of thread ebbs and flows, sometimes it is extremely active, others it moves slow. Use this to judge if your wishes need to be expanded, especially if your list is high end beers or extremely rare and limited production.

10. Have fun!!!

Reminders and Suggestions:

-TB is not responsible for any problems or mishaps should any arise

-You have to grant a wish before posting yours.

-This is not a contest of quantity or who can outdo who, but extras are encouraged.

-While this type of thread is great at making an attempt to land some amazing beers, try to be reasonable with your list. No one is likely to send you there 'Ghost Whales'.

-If your list has not been granted within a few days or so, try to think of some additions. There is no specific time frame for additions but it helps to move things along. Bigger lists tend to get granted more quickly.

Note: The following members will be moderating this thread. If you have any suggestions or if there are any “bumps” along the way, please send a pm and they’ll do their best to handle the situation. Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.

ardyexfor
    Indytruks138

Cheers and have fun!

Banned List:
    Hezzi
    lucas1801

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

So a couple things before we hopefully kick this off.

Credit: The original MAW (That I know of for beer at least) goes to KeyWestBrewing on HBT. Thanks for giving me permission to use your idea!

Potential Rule Change: The original MAW uses the two beers grant method but I always felt a single beer grant would help to move the thread along much more quickly. What do you guys think? Should we keep it at two so people get a better MAW? Make it easier with one? Or go crazy and make it thee!?

Who's first?: So KeyWestBrewing posted the first MAW as he was chosen to do so by the Mods of that sight. I feel it would be a bit concerning if I posted this BIF idea and just immediately started it out by asking for someone to grant my wish. Of course I would be happy to do so. :) What do you guys think? Should I start first? Pick a number between 1-10 from the first ten people who reply here that qualify? Other ideas?

Let's get this thing rolling!

3. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

So, if we can't post a list until we fulfill a wish how does this get started?

Edit: answered.

4. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

I just posed that same question. Looking to you guys to help me decide.

Edit: We could just let kuemmelbrau go first since he found the MAW first. What do you guys think? Open to suggestions.

gregkoko, ThreeFishes and Farnsworth like this.
  5. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Another thing I should mention, is try and keep what you're sending a secret from your recipient. That way its a surprise when they open their box.

If you have questions about your grant, for example if they will except a specific vintage, size or format for the wish is an obvious exception.

Please do try to handle these types of questions for your potential recipient through PM, but don't hassle or try to haggle with them.

shelf_turd_ferguson likes this.
  6. Farnsworth

Farnsworth

Sounds like fun. Lets get this started!

So just to be clear, this will just go one by one based on whoever can fulfill the previous wish?
    and will this end at some point? or will it be an ongoing BIF open to anyone at anytime who can fulfill a wish?

7. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Correct.

It will not end as long as people remain interested. The other MAW has been going for over a year and a half!

Still need some ideas from you guys on how to kick this off.

8. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Alright, let's just do this: First ten who qualify pick a number between 1-10. Pick a number different than everyone else.

Once we have 10 people I will ask my wife to do the same. She won't know anyone's numbers of course, whoever's she picks will go first.

9. tennispl

tennispl

[​IMG] Fuck it, I want in!

10. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Pick a number folks!

You don't have to call "being in". Once someone's list goes up everyone will have first come first serve dibs on granting that wish and in turn getting to post a list. Just need 10 people to pick a number between 1-10 so I can pick who goes first.

11. 1.5, am I doing it right?

dumptruck81, pjs234, pdurrrr and 2 others like this.
  12. tennispl

tennispl

I'll go 6 I guess

13. Farnsworth

Farnsworth

I'm up for just giving first post to kuemmelbrau or you.
    It needs to start somewhere. Lets just get this thing going!

hamburger and mborden like this.
  14. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Not if you actually want a chance at first dibs.

If he responds back before 10 people with their numbers in this Thread I will give him first dibs. That way we get this thing rolling in whichever way is quickest.

Or if more people say they want me to get it started with my own list to hurry and get it started I will. Just didn't want to come of greedy.

15. mborden

mborden

Sounds like fun! 7.

16. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

I actually would prefer not to start. I have slowed trading a bunch and am worried I could not quickly/effectively pass on the love based on my distribution. Actually, Im not even quite sure how that would work. There are light-years between what I like/want and what the modern beer geek goes after.

17. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

kuemmelbrau if you go first you will be basically getting free beer. While passing on the love later by granting someone else's wish would be preferred it wouldn't be mandatory. No worries if you still don't want to participate because you don't think you'll have the chance to grant later. Your call bro!

Got 2 numbers so far. Farnsworth are you going to pick one?

shelf_turd_ferguson and mborden like this.
  18. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

Well hell then, how about this: I'll go first is we don't get 10 #s by tomorrow night. That way others will have more of a chance. Sound good?

shelf_turd_ferguson and mborden like this.
  19. ardyexfor

ardyexfor

Sounds fair to me. Tell anyone you know on TB that qualifies about this thread guys! The more people subscribed the more Grants we will have once things get rolling.

20. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]