Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by ABSTRACTlegend, Mar 10, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]
    this ruined the train scene for me for some reason lol

kirbmeist, JBP, gregkoko and 13 others like this.
  2. thebandit1

thebandit1

Jesus. You're like 60. Are you taking your grandkids to these movies? Scoping out high schoolers while meeting your dealer?

The rest of you:

[​IMG]

3. MordorMongo

MordorMongo

The best thing about the marginally attractive high school girls around here is they all work concessions at theaters and have exceptionally low self esteem, which serves my purposes nicely.

4. beeerear

beeerear

Creepily staring at them, and day dreaming about them when you get a softy?

5. thebandit1

thebandit1

[​IMG]

tikk, kirbmeist, jtmartino and 14 others like this.
  6. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Difference is MordorMongo isn't throwing any sliders these days. Can you find a t-ball swing and miss gif?

7. thebandit1

thebandit1

[​IMG]

tikk, kirbmeist, jtmartino and 19 others like this.
  8. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

Man, what an explosion of flavor. The juice is loose in this thread.

I'm a big fan of the Marvel movies, obviously, and I think we need more. Better than that one buddy cop movie where the one guy hates the other guy, but then they learn to work together despite their differences....

Or that rom-com where the girl and the guy meet-cute, then they wind up breaking up over a misunderstanding, only to reconcile and live happily ever after in the third act. I forget that movie, but it's one of my favorites.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is probably my favorite of the last few years of Marvel movies. Excited as hell for Civil War in May. Thor: Ragnarok (which really might be a buddy-cop movie with Thor and Hulk, so perhaps my snark will need to be retracted) should be fun.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron was mildly disappointing, but it served a useful purpose in setting up Tony Stark's evolution. From thinking (in Iron Man 2) that he alone knows best how to protect the US and his tech, to realizing others have his tech (Whiplash), to realizing there are worse threats out there (Avengers), to realizing even the Avengers threaten the world (Ultron) and needing a better solution for protection. Granted, his solution is terrible, but it's consistent with a highly-intelligent, wealthy, paranoid, PTSD alcoholic having too much time on his hands.

9. MordorMongo

MordorMongo

Just want to point out that's a fair ball in play and in my experience with TBall that's a triple at a minimum.

jivex5k, mateoloco, quirkzoo and 12 others like this.
  10. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito

Walk through any screen doors lately?

11. beeerear

beeerear

I'm most excited for Dr Strange, Scott Derickson is a horror film director, it would be great for the occult stuff in this movie to be actually scary. He is in fact a sorcerer who combats evil magic and uses demons for some of his powers.

Age of Ultron I thought sucked giant dicks. The Russo bros are directing Infinity Wars so I think it will be pretty good.

Previously likes this.
  12. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

I'm completely meh on Dr. Strange. I'll see it out of support, but I've never cared for the character. Then again, a year ago I would have said the same thing about a Jessica Jones TV show, which was excellent. And just 5 days till Daredevil! (Is it simultaneous across the world at March 18, 12:01 am PST, or does it stagger for each time zone?)

Here's hoping.

13. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Didn't you specifically recommend to not watch Jones if you didn't like the first couple episodes because they rest of the season is the exact same thing? If not, it might have been me. Sorry.

Am looking g forward to Shane from TWD as Punisher.

14. mattafett

mattafett

Is it bad that I just want to be entertained for a few hours???? I was a fan-boy in high school, but as I get older I just want to escape for a few hours, not delve into the inner workings of everything.

15. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

I don't want to say "no" and get levitated, but that doesn't sound likely. I watched the series way later than others.

I think that statement is only true tonally, just like it is with Daredevil. There's some actual progression (though I think Jessica Jones is an ep or two too long). Maybe "excellent" was too strong of a word, but I gave it 4/5 on Netflix. DD is 5/5.

ABSTRACTlegend and lurchingbeast like this.
  16. beeerear

beeerear

Both had some issues and neither ended particularly strong. My biggest worry is that the Hand will come off to cheesy in this season of DD. I also don't want to hear Foggy being preachy again. DD getting hurt, talking about how the city needs him, his friends pleading w/ him to stop, then they realize the city needs him... etc... etc... At least Jessica is kind of a pos, it's refreshing. I'm also glad they're bringing in the Punisher who will balance out Matt being such a Pussy. It's one of my biggest complaints in comics. At some point you really should just kill the bad guys. It's a comic book, but the fact that the joker is still alive is ridiculous. Even in the real world, if Joe Schmoe saw and killed Osama Bin Laden there is no way people other than feminist and male feminist libtards would be upset.

17. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

I hope you find the peace you seek.

mattQ, ant880, kbuzz and 5 others like this.
  18. beeerear

beeerear

Allan Moore is the only one that's done it.

19. mattafett

mattafett

20. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend