US - Mid-Atlantic Maryland

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Iliketurtles, Oct 9, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. MooseLang

MooseLang

Yeah it sort of came out of nowhere. I’m not a Jai Alai fan, but I like Guayabera. Nice addition if they can keep fresh stuff coming.

2. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

SOON.

MooseLang likes this.
  3. MooseLang

MooseLang

I just drove by there on Wednesday, and they looked like they were just about to get the sign up.

Really hope the beer is decent. It is 2 miles from my Office.

4. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

I do, too. I want them to do well, obviously, since my family is involved, but also, I am just excited to have had the opportunity to see this process from the very start.

I can’t wait to come check it out in August. I am sure you’ll have been in there before me and can tell me what I am in for.

MooseLang likes this.
  5. broost3r

broost3r

speaking of kent island, i'll be in the area next weekend for a few days. any recommendations for bottle shops or other places to grab some good beer? kid friendly is a plus.

i'm actually staying in stevensville but looks like i'll be a little early for the cult classic opening.

MooseLang likes this.
  6. MooseLang

MooseLang

How far are you willing to travel?

The Place I work directly above - https://www.thewineryki.com/latest-beer-selections/ - has a solid selection. The Growler station will often have some one offs from some of the better local breweries (RAR and Burley Oak).

My only advice wherever you go on the Island - CHECK DATES!

broost3r likes this.
  7. broost3r

broost3r

thanks! 15-20 min drive for food/beer is an option. definitely interested in trying some RAR and Burley Oak stuff while there, and looks like it's an hour to RAR and 2 to BO from where we'll be staying. probably not feasible considering we're also trying to cram in a trip to the aquarium in baltimore in addition to wedding/family obligations.

does the winery fill outside growlers?

MooseLang likes this.
  8. MooseLang

MooseLang

The Winery doesn't (or is not supposed to) fill outside growlers, but if the manager Steve is working and you ask him nicely, he may let you slide.

If you are heading to Baltimore from the Island, you can take Ritchie Hwy and pass two of the better stores in the area:

http://fishpawsmarket.com/

http://dawsonsliquor.com/

I used to work on the West Side of the Bay Bridge, and those two always had the best selections. They will probably have some RAR and Burley Oak offerings on their Growler Stations as well. I haven't been to either in a coon's age, though I doubt their selection has gone downhill.

Beerontwowheels and broost3r like this.
  9. broost3r

broost3r

any chance of finding some manor hill stuff around there too?

i'd love if we had time to get over to EC and check out their farm and restaurants, but that'll probably have to be another trip.

10. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

You’re probably 2-3 weeks too early for Cult Classic. I like going to the Jetty when in town, but that’s just the local seafood dive mom and dad take me to. They usually have decent local beer and crab dip.

broost3r likes this.
  11. Vogt52

Vogt52

You can find manor hill stuff all around the area. Hit or miss on the limited release stuff. I always recommend their grisette.

12. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

I don't have an open date other than very soon, but I can share that Cult Classic is hiring taproom positions if anyone is interested. Check out the info from Facebook below:

(Link to media)

MooseLang likes this.
  13. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Well gang, looks like the soft open is Friday; and lucky anyone who happens to stop in, I get into town sometime Froday afternoon.

(Link to media)

Iliketurtles, broost3r and MooseLang like this.
  14. cry me

cry me

I'll be at a bachelor party next weekend in Kent Island so maybe I'll get a chance to check it out. Any idea what they're pouring?

15. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

My mom listed off what they have but I’ll try to get an update when i am leaving town Tuesday.

16. Iliketurtles

Iliketurtles

I'm going to try to check out cult classic on my way back from dank day if that works.

Sapwood cellars has some club memberships available: https://sapwoodcellars.com/store/#clubs. Got wood?

It's going to be awesome. If you are in the Columbia are, check them out. Should be open in about a month.

17. MooseLang

MooseLang

I, too, will be at said beer festival.

Any of the other 3 MDers on this site attending?

18. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Well I am here, but I almost couldn’t find a parking spot and every space chair is full. Apparently it’s been like this since ten AM when they opened. I am enjoying the Helles.

Beerontwowheels and MooseLang like this.
  19. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

(Link to media)

Here is the current tap list. I believe I heard there is a strong ale and a Kölsch in the pipes for near term pours. Crowlers are available of anything.

broost3r and MooseLang like this.
  20. Iliketurtles

Iliketurtles

Do they do smaller pours / flights?

duceswild likes this.