Masters of Malt Liquor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tikk

Reaction score
How isn't there a thread for Malt Liquor? We seem to have one for every other type of brew. So let me start one for thoughts on one of my favorite types of brew.

Just found out that OE has moved to 42 oz bottles, with a cold indicator.
J3gAISX.jpg

dontdrinkbeer don't ruin this like you ruined barleywine.

Also mods lock this if there is an existing thread, I'm drunk and can't find another.

Last edited:
I drink a lot of malt liquor. It’s my go-to at the store if I don’t see anything else I want.

Favorites:
-Steel Reserve
-Icehouse Edge
-Hurricane

I actually prefer the Icehouse out of the 3 because it actually has some good (for $1.69 malt liquor) hop character.

Earthquake is really the only entry I absolutely ****ing hate. That stuff is straight corn juice to my taste.

I really like Mickey’s too but TX only gets the lower ABV version for some reason. I ain’t got time for that when I’m trying to get buzzed.

TIL people drink malt liquor by choice and also post on TB. :confused:

No judgment, do you, but I am a bit surprised. I thought malt liquor was exclusively consumed by a different segment of consumers.

Picked up some Natty Daddy on my way home cause all 15+ hour days mean it’s malt liquor time.

Despite the stupid ****ing name this beer is a winner winner chicken dinner. Despite being 8% it tastes “light” if that makes any sense... not as mouth coating and grainy as other entries with noticeable hops.

Sweetness is low, which is probably my most important trait in a good ML.

$5.99 for a 6-pack of 16oz cans.

I give it 8 out of 10 brown bags.

Anheuser Busch, Houston, TX.

Back