Meet 8/10-8/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_bleeder

Reaction score
I have been successful in getting together with several TB folk. There are so many great people on here that I am always looking to get to meet more. I have to go visit some customers next month. I have a flight into Portland on Sunday, 8/10 at about 2 in the afternoon. Visiting customers on Monday. Don't know yet if we are spending Monday night in Portland or heading to Seattle in the morning. I will be flying out of Seattle on Tuesday 8/12 at 7pm. I have appointments both those days and I will be with my sales rep but would love to do some tip touching with those that can. Going to randomly tag some of you NorWesters

csano
OakedCanuck
libbey
Yeastbreath
JoeLikesBeer
Dunt
Shmeal
duketheredeemer
hopstar
litheum94
kscaldef
and others....

Cheers!

I live in Chicago, I have no idea when I changed my location to Washington >_<
zK2Qj.gif

I have been successful in getting together with several TB folk. There are so many great people on here that I am always looking to get to meet more. I have to go visit some customers next month. I have a flight into Portland on Sunday, 8/10 at about 2 in the afternoon. Visiting customers on Monday. Don't know yet if we are spending Monday night in Portland or heading to Seattle in the morning. I will be flying out of Seattle on Tuesday 8/12 at 7pm. I have appointments both those days and I will be with my sales rep but would love to do some tip touching with those that can. Going to randomly tag some of you NorWesters

csano
OakedCanuck
libbey
Yeastbreath
JoeLikesBeer
Dunt
Shmeal
duketheredeemer
hopstar
litheum94
kscaldef
and others....

Cheers!
I'm off on Sundays, so I could potentially meet up some point (it's my only day of with the entire family, so we'd have to go to a family friendly place). Off at 4 on Monday, so could meet up for a drink that afternoon. Just let me know what you're up to. Have a safe trip!

So you're only in Seattle on Tuesday for a few hours? It really depends on where/when you will be in Seattle. I live north and it's a ***** to get anywhere south of the 5 bridge over the water. Hit me up with some more details.

Cheers!

So you're only in Seattle on Tuesday for a few hours? It really depends on where/when you will be in Seattle. I live north and it's a ***** to get anywhere south of the 5 bridge over the water. Hit me up with some more details.

Cheers!
Will do. I will know where we are sleeping on the 11th after this weekend when we make hotel reservations. But ya it's a quick damn trip. Work....

Sunday I work, but the 11th...the wife and I have tickets to Monday night RAW!!! Might be able to pound a few with you if you're still around Portland at 5:30. Gotta get in proper form before I go yell "Cena sucks!"

Edit: Or maybe not. Now that I think about it, Raw is live and starts at 5p to make it's 8pm eastern time slot. Might be able to meetup before then if you're free though. I need to check the tickets. Let me know your schedule but don't make any special accommodations for me. Enjoy the little time you have here!

Last edited:
Damn, that's a quick touch and go. That would be a 5 hour beer run through the pine scrub, desert, and mountains for me so I can't really make that happen.

Hope you can connect with some westsiders. From my experience, you just go to random bars and you'll find libbey.
heeeyyyyyyyy now.

he's actually right......

Last edited:
You didn't tag me (sad feels), but I can probably meet up in Seattle.
Sorry Anthony. I did say and others. I knew I was going to miss a few folks. I will lay out my complete plans this coming week (when I will be in which town and when I will be free) and you guys can all tell me where I should go to buy you a beer. ;)

Sorry Anthony. I did say and others. I knew I was going to miss a few folks. I will lay out my complete plans this coming week (when I will be in which town and when I will be free) and you guys can all tell me where I should go to buy you a beer. ;)

I'm just flipping you ****. I'm happy to join though. I live in West Seattle which is a bit off the beaten path, so I'm willing to come over to Fremont or Ballard or wherever the group decides.

I'm just flipping you ****. I'm happy to join though. I live in West Seattle which is a bit off the beaten path, so I'm willing to come over to Fremont or Ballard or wherever the group decides.

I vote for Fremont/Ballard area. Easier for me to stay north of the 5 bridge (live in Lynnwood).

This is my current itinerary.

Sunday 8/10, flight lands at 1:40. I will get some public transportation to any meeting place (brewery/bar) I am open to pretty much anything. My sales rep doesn't get in until that evening and he is renting the car not me. I am staying at Econo Lodge Southeast that night. Visiting customers on Monday and then driving to Seattle that afternoon. Just need a meeting spot Monday afternoon/evening. I sleep in the Econo Lodge in Federal Way that night and see customers Tuesday. I should also be free for lunch in Seattle on Tuesday. I fly out from SeaTac on Tuesday at 705. Thoughts?

This is my current itinerary.

Sunday 8/10, flight lands at 1:40. I will get some public transportation to any meeting place (brewery/bar) I am open to pretty much anything. My sales rep doesn't get in until that evening and he is renting the car not me. I am staying at Econo Lodge Southeast that night. Visiting customers on Monday and then driving to Seattle that afternoon. Just need a meeting spot Monday afternoon/evening. I sleep in the Econo Lodge in Federal Way that night and see customers Tuesday. I should also be free for lunch in Seattle on Tuesday. I fly out from SeaTac on Tuesday at 705. Thoughts?
Won't be able to meet you in Portland, I'll be working while you're here. Funny enough, I actually work at a hospital pretty close to where you're staying. Don't do anything that sends you to the ER or you might just see more of me than you want!

Between the airport and your hotel you have a plethora of options. Belmont Station, Horse Brass, Hair of the Dog, Cascade, The Commons, and Apex are all top picks in my book. Apex gets a slight nod from me this time of year because of the outdoor seating, and because you're kitty-corner to Beermongers for bottles and less than a mile from Commons who have consistently great beer and a cool tasting room. Just so you know though, Apex is cash only so plan in advance. Have fun and enjoy your stay.

Saturday might be better if you're in town. There's a lot of cool stuff going on that day but I'm too lazy to catch up on this thread to find out.

Wait, we're talking about next Sunday, right? The events Shmeal listed were today.

Is the Econo Lodge you're talking about the one on 17330 SE McLoughlin Blvd (which is way south of town) or 4512 SE 82nd Ave? Either way, Beermongers is typically a good place to meet up, drink some beers, and share some bottles.

Wait, we're talking about next Sunday, right? The events Shmeal listed were today.

Is the Econo Lodge you're talking about the one on 17330 SE McLoughlin Blvd (which is way south of town) or 4512 SE 82nd Ave? Either way, Beermongers is typically a good place to meet up, drink some beers, and share some bottles.
The one on SE McLoughlin. I won't be bringing bottles. Only doing carry on for this short of a trip. But I can buy you a beer!
Edit: and yes we are talking about Sunday the 10th.

The one on SE McLoughlin. I won't be bringing bottles. Only doing carry on for this short of a trip. But I can buy you a beer!
Edit: and yes we are talking about Sunday the 10th.

Were you planning to go to the hotel first or, since you have only carry-on, to just head directly into town via public transit and have your co-worker pick you up with the car to head to your hotel? It looks like it's about 40-60 minutes by bus from your hotel to more central Portland.

Were you planning to go to the hotel first or, since you have only carry-on, to just head directly into town via public transit and have your co-worker pick you up with the car to head to your hotel? It looks like it's about 40-60 minutes by bus from your hotel to more central Portland.
I plan on going straight to a drinking establishment. My rep can catch up when he finds me. So it will be me and my carry on, drinking beer.

I plan on going straight to a drinking establishment. My rep can catch up when he finds me. So it will be me and my carry on, drinking beer.

Okay, in that case something more-or-less on the MAX Red Line would make sense. Upright is pretty close to the Rose Quarter stop, although navigating through that area is a little tricky. Bailey's would be another good choice; they are right downtown a couple blocks from Pioneer Square. Beermongers/Apex would be a MAX/bus combo, but a pretty easy one.

Since JulianB and falc0n2600 will be visiting Portland at the same time as harrymel and I, I decided to tag them in here. Is there a consensus on the best place to meet in Portland on Sunday? it seems we could put together a large TB group somewhere.

Back