Mekong/ The Answer Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorM1

Reaction score
Since there seemed to be a lot of talk in the Hardywood Park thread about this wonderful brewpub and their world class beers (especially the Andalls ) change almost weekly I figured I would open a thread.

I'm planning on heading down to Richmond in an hour and will likely be there from noon til 2 or 3. Anyone care to join?

Since there seemed to be a lot of talk in the Hardywood Park thread about this wonderful brewpub and their world class beers (especially the Andalls ) change almost weekly I figured I would open a thread.

I'm planning on heading down to Richmond in an hour and will likely be there from noon til 2 or 3. Anyone care to join?
I'll probably be there around noon or 1. Only planning on one beer while I fill a few crowlers for my buddy.

And I was thinking of starting the same thread. Funny how hardywood's thread was overtaken by An.

Damn i was just there yestetday. The three ipas were awesome. Full fune was doooope. They had it at Mekong so if you don't see many Andall it's worth swinging by to see what's on tap.

Looking like I'll be arriving between 12:30 and 1. I'll be the one wearing an Adroit Theory hoodie. Stop by and say hi

I am really interested in making a day trip from NoVA down to Richmond to hang at The Answer and any other recommendations. I follow them on social media and all of their beers both sound incredible by description and look amazing. That and anything I have heard has been the highest accolades.

I am really interested in making a day trip from NoVA down to Richmond to hang at The Answer and any other recommendations. I follow them on social media and all of their beers both sound incredible by description and look amazing. That and anything I have heard has been the highest accolades.
It's true. They're fantastic. Get the Banh Mi sandwich :p

This place is the exact type of location i want to go to. Went to a few other breweries in the area, If I wanted to dress all in style on a friday, I'd go to The Veil great modern look and technology put together with some damn on point beers. Went to the Answer/ Mekong , every beer I had at the answer was well balanced and very enjoyable to drink. Looking forward to more by them to bring home next time.
Mekong was amazing , food was on par with any of the best restaurants you ever ate at and on top of that they have 52 beers on draft. Great time at both looking forward to the return.
IMG_9386.JPG

a2a70ff3-1097-4ae1-a58c-3e34e182a21f

This place is the exact type of location i want to go to. Went to a few other breweries in the area, If I wanted to dress all in style on a friday, I'd go to The Veil great modern look and technology put together with some damn on point beers. Went to the Answer/ Mekong , every beer I had at the answer was well balanced and very enjoyable to drink. Looking forward to more by them to bring home next time.
Mekong was amazing , food was on par with any of the best restaurants you ever ate at and on top of that they have 52 beers on draft. Great time at both looking forward to the return.
IMG_9386.JPG

a2a70ff3-1097-4ae1-a58c-3e34e182a21f
I went to Mekong/The Answer on Monday. Right up until sitting down at the bar (at Mekong) I was skeptical that I was even in the right place. Then I looked a little closer and saw the rich history the bar had. Fantastic staff, amazing food, and delicious beer on tap. I don't think I'll be in Richmond often, but I'll be damned if Mekong isn't at the top of my list any time I'm in the area!

Anyone gonna be at the answer this Saturday for their anniversary?

Back