Miami International Airport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach1

Reaction score
Anyone have good intel on spots to grab a decent beer or 5 at MIA? Gonna be there for 3 hours Friday morning on my way to Belize. Hoping to find some decent local stuff, but regional or even national brands will do. I have tempered my expectations. Not all airports can be PDX.

Check out the Untappd checkins at the airport, looks like Concrete Beach Brewing is one of the few non-InBev/Lagunitas/Sam Adams offerings available. Maybe canned Jai Alai.

Too bad you can't get a can of MIA's Mega Mix pale at the airport. That stuff is killer.

Check out the Untappd checkins at the airport, looks like Concrete Beach Brewing is one of the few non-InBev/Lagunitas/Sam Adams offerings available. Maybe canned Jai Alai.

Too bad you can't get a can of MIA's Mega Mix pale at the airport. That stuff is killer.

MIA actually distributes in Ohio. I've seen Mega Mix there when I back visiting my parents, but the cans are always old.

Anyone have good intel on spots to grab a decent beer or 5 at MIA? Gonna be there for 3 hours Friday morning on my way to Belize. Hoping to find some decent local stuff, but regional or even national brands will do. I have tempered my expectations. Not all airports can be PDX.
I think finding somewhere that has canned Jai Alai will be your best bet in that airport. Last time I flew in I saw it at a couple bars that had it.

That said I haven't been to the MIA international terminal in 10 years, so I don't know how that fares. It's a completely separate building.

I think finding somewhere that has canned Jai Alai will be your best bet in that airport. Last time I flew in I saw it at a couple bars that had it.

That said I haven't been to the MIA international terminal in 10 years, so I don't know how that fares. It's a completely separate building.

Yeah, I did some untappd sleuthing, and it looks like Jai Also might be around. Lots of GF, Alpine, and Knee Deep check ins, strangely enough.

Looks like Islander bar & grill is a good option. There's also a Sam Adams pub & an Irish pub that might be decent fall backs. We're flying into & out of terminal D, which appears to have the most options by far.

It also looks like draft beer doesn't exist at MIA. All the check ins I'm seeing are bottles & cans. Passaged beer at airports is never fresh in my experience, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Yeah, I did some untappd sleuthing, and it looks like Jai Also might be around. Lots of GF, Alpine, and Knee Deep check ins, strangely enough.

Knee Deep is getting dumped all over the country after over expanding. I see tons (at least 4-5 per bar) of their beers on tap whenever I go back to Nebraska.

Knee Deep is getting dumped all over the country after over expanding. I see tons (at least 4-5 per bar) of their beers on tap whenever I go back to Nebraska.
They have a surprisingly big tap presence here in Austin. The bar we go to the most has 2 of their beers on tap at all times.

Back