Michigan trip to Boyne city ISO: Liquor stores for Bourbon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotpipes29

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm heading to Boyne at the end of the month and was looking for some good selections of bourbon that I can't find here in Ohio. Heading up 75. Looking for things like:
Any Stagg
Willet
BP Elijah Craig
Eagle Rare
Old blowhard
25th Bookers
Etc...
Preferably note to far off the beaten path. I will glad send a thank you box to whomever can help me out.

Eric B

In suburban Detroit, try Holiday Market in Royal Oak and Champane's in Warren. Both fairly close to 75. I'm not a bourbon guy at all, but those are the best beer spots in the area and I know they both have a large liquor selection as well. Might be worth giving them a call on your way up.

Maybe MarkIntihar or Michigan can give better info.

Any Stagg
Willet
BP Elijah Craig
Eagle Rare
Old blowhard
25th Bookers
Your best place for whiskey is Kakos Market in Birmingham.

A few notes: Stagg Jr is your only hope, Willett doesn't come to Michigan, ECBP is gone from the shelves (you might have some luck up north), Eagle Rare will be easy to come by, Old Blowhard isn't worth it IMO, 25th Booker's is probably gone everywhere too, we still have Elmer T. Lee sitting on the shelves, don't buy all the good stuff and leave nothing for me.

Back