US - Great Lakes Michigan's Upper Peninsula Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by MarcatGSB, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jeblikesbeer

jeblikesbeer

count me in!

which of my fibby friends are commin with me!

MarcatGSB likes this.
  2. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

ahh, end radio silence.

I've had alot going on. Whilst on my motorcycle en route to California in January I learned that Anjila and I are having our first child in September. So, I've been consumed with purchasing a house, learning about contractions, and getting El Fitzo up and running. Blah blah, that's not why I'm here.

Next Thursday, May 21st, we will be tapping a three year vertical of BCBS. '12, '13, and '14. We originally thought we had a four year, but as it turns out we have two different dates for two 2012 kegs.

So, here's the deal. Thursday at 8 the dining room will be closed. We'll tap the kegs. For $30 bucks, you get a four ounce pour of each, and some grub. We're not sure what yet. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Black Bean Hummus, pickled veggies, some pork belly french toast...etc etc. It'll be worth $30, trust me. Also, I'll be pulling out an '06 thru '14 bottle vertical, including one Rare. We're going to selling 22 tickets, so everyone gets an ounce of Rare. Sorry, that's what I got. That's not included in the cost, it's just me pouring beer for friends.
    Rooms will be $60 bucks that night. We have a good amount of rooms left for the whole weekend. If you drive from far far away, I'll hook ya up if you want to stay more nights.
    Ya'll are the first to know about this. Hasn't been posted on Facebook or anything like that yet. If you're interested, send me a private message or give me a call (906) 231-7666. Cheers!

Rempo, Sender1, jeblikesbeer and 7 others like this.
  3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

P.S. The baby was made in the small hotel in Bellaire, MI after Joe's birthday party and Dean Ween waxing the shit out of his guitar and smoking cigarettes on stage in Short's. How romantic. Soft Parade for the win baby!

Rempo, At_One315, Sender1 and 4 others like this.
  4. elkhunter36

elkhunter36

Nice to see you back on here. And congratulations!

MarcatGSB likes this.
  5. 1noa

1noa

Congrats Marc!

6. jeblikesbeer

jeblikesbeer

7. GRDave

GRDave

Just posted to The Fitz' FB page. Who's up for a drive?
    [​IMG]

Seriously MarcatGSB how do you get these?

Sender1 and elkhunter36 like this.
  8. At_One315

At_One315

So, how many of you ended up going UP for the Bourbon County/ Black Note? Super stoked, headed up there this week Sunday. MarcatGSB, any requests from down here?

9. steimie

steimie

10. GRDave

GRDave

steimie likes this.
  11. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

GRDave and steimie like this.
  12. Russelltbrooks

Russelltbrooks

Anyone heard of burnt marshmallow brewery? It's fairly new....heading up there tomorrow and could use some opinions...