US - New England Mikkeller Beer Celebration (Boston 2017)

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Padraig, May 16, 2017.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. bearsonacid

bearsonacid

Looks like GA includes unlimited sampling now. Same prices as EBF early bird except they don't have fees.

BeersMorgan likes this.
  2. tylerk88

tylerk88

Honestly, if you go at a normal pace, the lines prevent you from drinking much more than the amount of tokens we were given last year. Granted, I didn't use the tokens at a handful of the stations last year, but even so, I don't think the unlimited samples justifies a 75% increase in ticket cost... I'm not saying it's a deal breaker for me, but that it's a substantial increase no matter how you look at it.

Either way, looks like a nice lineup of breweries and I might make the Fri. evening session.

3. Padraig

Padraig Premium Supporter Contributor

How big were the pours last year?

4. bearsonacid

bearsonacid

I definitely agree. Unlimited sampling just leads to more drunk people and someone throwing up in a trash can.

2oz., which I believe is the limit by law in Massachusetts for sampling. Though a lot of people were just filling your cup to the brim. I'm not sure how these larger glasses for the Guld tickets work with the law.

5. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead

Looks like the VIP/one-hour early entry comes with a "larger sampling glass". Seems like the perfect way to measure my VIP dong vs. the plebeian GA attendees.

Really, though, I'll be there with a bunch of old-school college friends, half of which are TB-approved beer geeks, and half of which are getting away from their families and likely to be the "drunk people throwing up in a trash can." It all adds up to 100% fun. We're all VIP for the Saturday day session.

Auror likes this.
  6. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead

Terrible drunk jokes aside, I am curious to see how this one compares to the one over in Copenhagen. I definitely like the one hour early entry for VIP vs. 20 minutes over there. The tickets are cheaper here too, although there seems to be quite a bit fewer breweries on the list. One of the highlights for me over there was the international area with a bunch of countries you would not think of as beer destinations pouring some pretty decent stuff.

7. Odesseiron

Odesseiron

Hey guys! We're a bunch of Norwegians flying in to Boston on September 19th. Would love to link up with some locals for a beer/share/trade or semi-consensual intercourse.

Lamnic and Dino like this.
  8. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead

I've got an earlybird Green VIP ticket to sell. $112. PM me if interested.

9. Dino

Dino

Look for 1 or 2 "cheap" Saturday Night (Bla) tix if anyone is looking to unload. Can also trade beer for them. Let me know!

10. blckout20

blckout20

Posted in the ISO/FT thread but I'm looking for an extra ticket to the Saturday afternoon session if anyone has one.

11. sinceyoubeensean

sinceyoubeensean

Kinda bummed this is dormant for now. Japan seems like it'd be pretty cool though.

Padraig likes this.