Munich next week, Prague the following weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper1

Reaction score
I'm going to Munich on Tuesday, and to Bamberg before heading over to Prague. I haven't been to Germany since I was a young soldier, so this is really exciting for me!

Aside from "the usuals", is there any smaller not-to-miss biergartens or other special places that you've been to?

Cheers! or rather, Prost!

Not sure how well-known it is, but Cafe Abseits in Bamberg is great. Try the Mönchsambacher helles if they have it.

Not sure how well-known it is, but Cafe Abseits in Bamberg is great. Try the Mönchsambacher helles if they have it.

Thank you- I will! I’m doing a maltster tour of Weyermann, but I will have time to get some good beers also and I will definitely search out Cafe Abseits.

It's more on the touristy side, and those more familiar with the city might tell you there are better places to go, but I really enjoyed U Fleku in Prague years ago. The dark lager was very good.

Wow. So the talkbeer amazon link has already paid for trip to Germany forthe new mod.

That is impressive.

For more of a local microbrew and craft bar, Bad Flash Bar in Prague is a worth a stop. The owners have their own brewery as well (under a different name that I forget) which was available on tap and pretty solid last time I was there.

Also pivovar strahov was a good time - not the greatest beer but set inside an old monastary and interesting area to explore. Theres a beautiful view of the city from up on the hill and we walked down from there to mala strana which was a great way to spend an afternoon.

It's more on the touristy side, and those more familiar with the city might tell you there are better places to go, but I really enjoyed U Fleku in Prague years ago. The dark lager was very good.

That's already on our schedule with the group- it's a group of BJCP judges and we're doing an organized (ie old people) tour, organized by another judge and he does this trip every other year. The other year, he does a Belgium trip. Anyway, we should have plenty of free time also, and I wanted to go to some other places that might be well known to beer lovers, but not to me.

Wow. So the talkbeer amazon link has already paid for trip to Germany forthe new mod.

That is impressive.

Yep, since Wednesday I've already been able to get a passport, buy the tickets for the flight, organize an international trip, and do this planning. That, and I retired on June 17th after 35 years from my real job. :)

Back