Myrtle Beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MordorMongo

Reaction score
Been a while since I've been, heading there in a couple days. Any places I should know about that I don't? I searched and found nothing on this subject.

TIA LYMI

Are you there just for the weekend? Figures it would be when I'm out of town in the other direction. :( (I live about an hour inland but am going to a beer festival in Greenville). When do you leave?

There aren't really any "hidden gems" that I know about unfortunately. The Piggly Wiggly at Market Commons is probably the best source that I know of for bottles, growlers, etc., here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrds-Beer-at-The-Pig/167739199945589

I'll inquire with some friends as to what the best drinking spots are, I know a few guys in the craft beer crowd that go down to the Beach regularly.

Are you there just for the weekend? Figures it would be when I'm out of town in the other direction. :( (I live about an hour inland but am going to a beer festival in Greenville). When do you leave?

There aren't really any "hidden gems" that I know about unfortunately. The Piggly Wiggly at Market Commons is probably the best source that I know of for bottles, growlers, etc., here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrds-Beer-at-The-Pig/167739199945589

I'll inquire with some friends as to what the best drinking spots are, I know a few guys in the craft beer crowd that go down to the Beach regularly.
Head that way Friday, will be there Saturday to the following Saturday with the fam. Staying in NMB on the water, can't remember name of "resort" ATM. Bringing some beer and mead just in case. We don't have any real set plans as much will depend on weather and crap.

Head that way Friday, will be there Saturday to the following Saturday with the fam. Staying in NMB on the water, can't remember name of "resort" ATM. Bringing some beer and mead just in case. We don't have any real set plans as much will depend on weather and crap.

Oh cool, you're there for an entire week? Any chance you might be able to get away from the fam at some point? Would love to have you up here and show you the new brewery my friends are opening. First batches got kegged this week in fact. And share some beers, of course. Also could certainly come down to the Beach for some beers that week.

Two more places I remembered:

Green's Myrtle Beach is another store although not one I'm too familiar with. Green's is a chain in SC/GA that are mostly pretty good, but I don't think the MB location is one of the better ones.

Pavilion Beverages: a place in NMB I haven't been to yet, but I've heard rumors (that I still haven't checked out) from one of the distributors that they have some good stuff there.

My knowledge of restaurants/bars/etc with good taplists is pretty sparse. There's a Gordon Biersch, which is obviously nothing great but better than the typical BMC joints like BWW. There's also a Mellow Mushroom, which is a chain of pizza joints that have variable taplists but almost always a few things worth drinking. I put in an inquiry to some friends about others.

EDIT: there's also New South Brewing which is in Myrtle, but their beers are not very good.

Oh cool, you're there for an entire week? Any chance you might be able to get away from the fam at some point? Would love to have you up here and show you the new brewery my friends are opening. First batches got kegged this week in fact. And share some beers, of course. Also could certainly come down to the Beach for some beers that week.

Two more places I remembered:

Green's Myrtle Beach is another store although not one I'm too familiar with. Green's is a chain in SC/GA that are mostly pretty good, but I don't think the MB location is one of the better ones.

Pavilion Beverages: a place in NMB I haven't been to yet, but I've heard rumors (that I still haven't checked out) from one of the distributors that they have some good stuff there.

My knowledge of restaurants/bars/etc with good taplists is pretty sparse. There's a Gordon Biersch, which is obviously nothing great but better than the typical BMC joints like BWW. There's also a Mellow Mushroom, which is a chain of pizza joints that have variable taplists but almost always a few things worth drinking. I put in an inquiry to some friends about others.

EDIT: there's also New South Brewing which is in Myrtle, but their beers are not very good.
Thanks! Will know more once we get settled and weather forecasts are more accurate and such. Will holler, cheers!

Definitely check out the Pig. Pavilion Beverage in NMB is now carrying limited COAST and full Westbrook lineup. Check myrtlebeachcraftbeer.com for tap lists and a directory of where to go. Local brewery New South has a great Friday night happy hour.

MordorMongo - Trip recap, por favor. I'll be heading to MB at some point in the near future and would appreciate any tips beyond what JulianB provided.

MordorMongo - Trip recap, por favor. I'll be heading to MB at some point in the near future and would appreciate any tips beyond what JulianB provided.
Real talk....

I just took my own beer, no place I went had a very good craft selection.

I drank Straw-beer-rita on the beach.....seriously.

I drank legal *moonshine* at hotel bar.

Zero ****s given.

You're welcome.

Heading to Myrtle Beach July 4th. Looking forward to finally trying some Westbrook beers. Any other east coast stuff to look out for besides Terrapin? Will they have Cigar City?

Heading to Myrtle Beach July 4th. Looking forward to finally trying some Westbrook beers. Any other east coast stuff to look out for besides Terrapin? Will they have Cigar City?

No on Cigar City. Besides Westbrook, you should be able to find stuff from Coast, Holy City, Quest, and other South Carolina breweries. There should also be some things from North Carolina and Georgia. Where are you coming from?

A new place called Atlas Tap House just opened up in MB. It's right near the boardwalk and has a pretty decent selection of beers, especially by Myrtle Beach standards. Here's their website:

http://www.atlastaphouse.com/

Back