NBO: Catalina Se7en-What's in the box?

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by clevelandisthecity, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Catalina Se7en: What’s in the box? If you’ve participated in one of these, you know the deal. If not, read the rules below. I figured with all the shit going on with the site right now, we could use something fun to do. If you have any questions, keep them to yourselves. This isn’t rocket science.

1. 64 oz MAX. The Catalina isn’t about sending two full shippers to someone. This is about sending some good local beer to someone that you think they’d enjoy. Whales aren’t necessary or even encouraged. I'd like to keep this pretty strict. It got a little out of hand on the last one. The whole point behind this bif is to keep it smaller and less intimidating.

2. KEEP IT LOCAL. This time around, the rule is if it’s not within 125 miles of you, don’t send it. Find some stuff local that you enjoy that your target may not even know about. Most of us live near places that have decent beer. If you need to bend this rule a little, it’s cool as long as we try and stick to this as much as possible.

3. SHIPPING DEADLINE IS 11/5. That gives any west coasters a week to get it to the east coast if necessary by the start of the drinking window. If you send early and have some hops for your target, let them know somehow. Beers can be enjoyed before the window if needed, but pictures CANNOT be posted until the window opens.

4. DRINKING WINDOW IS 11/10-11/17. Post pictures of your beers and let your sender know what you thought. Get drunk, make some posts you’ll forget you posted, talk shit about someone else’s favorite sports team, whatever. The drinking window is about coming together as a group and having some fun. However, THERE WILL BE NO HAUL PICTURES. No exceptions to this.

5. BONUS: BLIND BEER. You can go over the oz limit by one beer only if it is blind. If it’s something that your target may need some help with or it’s a crazy high abv, try and give them a head’s up.

6. SWAG. Send something you think your target would like. There is a spot on the google doc that addresses this.

7. PARTICIPATION. In the past, these have moved fairly quickly. If you don’t plan on being able to at least participate a little and post pictures of the beers you got to enjoy, then don’t sign up. This bif is all about the group drinking together on here.

If you're interested, send me a message and I will send over a link to a google doc for you to fill out. n00b’s can sign up, but you’ll need a sponsor. I’m going to close sign-ups 9/30 in the evening sometime.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
  2. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

3. KevSal

KevSal

4. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

Feel free to tag people who have participated in the past. I was going go through all the previous ones and tag everyone but
    [​IMG]

5. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

chemman14 that's all I know.

6. chemman14

chemman14

It's going to be hard to stick to the strict 64 oz limit, but I will try. I guess I wont send a medium flat rate of cans first followed by a 6 shipper. Just a 6 shipper this time target.

7. BigFrank

BigFrank

8. chemman14

chemman14

9. tosh

tosh

[​IMG]

Have fun. My BIFing days are behind me.

10. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

11. ggfunk

ggfunk

12. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

[​IMG]

13. ripps1

ripps1

I have to sit this out. I’ll be travelling 6 of the 8 weeks between October/November. Don’t have time to do this justice.

I’ll still shit post and drink in here with you all

14. davey101

davey101

15. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

First you cant meet up with me in Denver, now this?
    [​IMG]

16. ripps1

ripps1

I travel way too much. Need to start Job searching.

17. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

I wouldn't mind traveling a little more. Even if it was just to the corporate office in Denver a few more times a year.

18. thatguy2014

thatguy2014

19. ripps1

ripps1

It’s fun at first, but being on the road 50-75% of the time gets old fast.

20. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.