US - Midwest Nebraska

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by TheRookie, Oct 26, 2013.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie

Dear Nebraska,

I am heading to grand island for work for the next few weeks, so I stacked up on some Surly Brewing beer before I left. Hit me up if you are interested in trading, or have any good beer spots I must hit up!

2. Boilerfood

Boilerfood

Shhh its a day of mourning after yesterday's embarrassing loss to Minnesota.

Minnesotaryan and jeblikesbeer like this.
  3. TheRookie

TheRookie

The game hasn't started yet today, but judging by the past few weeks it wasnt as bad as the Minnesota Vikings...

4. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt

anybody here?

PurityControl88 likes this.
  5. CornAndBeer

CornAndBeer

I'll be here regularly from here on out

6. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

What part of NE? I travel frequently to Omaha.

CornAndBeer likes this.
  7. CornAndBeer

CornAndBeer

Omaha :)

8. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt

nice, where do you guys usually frequent in omaha? i'm from lincoln but visit benson pretty regularly.

9. CornAndBeer

CornAndBeer

Mostly the moon. Benson on occasion.

10. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

Same here. The LT when that was around.
    Do you guys ever drive over to CB for some Shelton Bros goodies?

11. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt

definitely. madison hy-vee always has cool stuff, he's been getting in quite a few diff prairie beers the past few months and i've been picking up tilquin / drie fonteinen oude gueuze every time i go up. wish he could get more anchorage though, haven't seen any in awhile..

12. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

I think he has that Galaxy White IPA still.

I was excited when they got some Fantome bottles in. The one I got had a kind of weird finish though. Would not recommend if you've been thinking about picking one up.

13. CornAndBeer

CornAndBeer

I live by the zoo, so I go to CB quite often. Yeah, Boo is far from my favorite Fantome, hope he gets saison, printemps, or pissenlit sometime.

14. steimie

steimie

Gonna necro this thread just to say Upstream in Omaha is worth a visit. Good pizza, wings and hops.

15. Minnesotaryan

Minnesotaryan

Hi Brian!

CornAndBeer likes this.
  16. steimie

steimie

Hi!

I'm in Nebraska!

Minnesotaryan and CornAndBeer like this.
  17. CornAndBeer

CornAndBeer

Upstream and Farnam House are probably my two favorite Nebraska breweries. Stop by Beertopia and say hello if you get a chance. I work there and so does BingoBango and PurityControl88. Cheers!

PurityControl88 and steimie like this.
  18. BingoBango

BingoBango

Lunch at Farnam House and then perusing Beertopia is a really solid way to kill a couple of Saturday afternoon hours.

CornAndBeer and PurityControl88 like this.
  19. AlexM

AlexM

Had a chance to visit Boiler Brewing (new brewery - opened last month in downtown Lincoln) … and put it this way … if you Nebraska peeps are not going there, you are doing it WRONG! :p

Tried 10 brews from Boiler and I was HIGHLY IMPRESSED! 3 of the ten were absolutely outstanding … AlcoHall & Oates (RIS that will be barrel aged for their 1 year anniversary in April 2017) … Hop Heaver Double IPA …. Raspberry Tart (which resembles New Glarus’ offering – that's a good thing).

For a brewery that’s only been open a month, Boiler’s beers are super impressive – rich flavors, nothing thin … easily the best overall lineup I’ve had from any brewery in the state of Nebraska (now I haven't tried them all, but have had my fair share).

Plus the space is super cool … in a basement of a historic building – has this sort of speakeasy steampunk vibe. They also have both crowlers and PINTS TO-GO (to-go pints come in this super cool glass jar thing). Really dug it – I predict much more goodness in the future from these guys. Go there now! :D

20. steimie

steimie

Had a few glasses of the IPA from Zipline Brewing, out of Lincoln, tonight. Really a nice beer and worth seeking out if you come across it.