Nebraska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Dear Nebraska,

I am heading to grand island for work for the next few weeks, so I stacked up on some Surly Brewing beer before I left. Hit me up if you are interested in trading, or have any good beer spots I must hit up!

The game hasn't started yet today, but judging by the past few weeks it wasnt as bad as the Minnesota Vikings...

Same here. The LT when that was around.
Do you guys ever drive over to CB for some Shelton Bros goodies?

definitely. madison hy-vee always has cool stuff, he's been getting in quite a few diff prairie beers the past few months and i've been picking up tilquin / drie fonteinen oude gueuze every time i go up. wish he could get more anchorage though, haven't seen any in awhile..

definitely. madison hy-vee always has cool stuff, he's been getting in quite a few diff prairie beers the past few months and i've been picking up tilquin / drie fonteinen oude gueuze every time i go up. wish he could get more anchorage though, haven't seen any in awhile..

I think he has that Galaxy White IPA still.

I was excited when they got some Fantome bottles in. The one I got had a kind of weird finish though. Would not recommend if you've been thinking about picking one up.

I live by the zoo, so I go to CB quite often. Yeah, Boo is far from my favorite Fantome, hope he gets saison, printemps, or pissenlit sometime.

Had a chance to visit Boiler Brewing (new brewery - opened last month in downtown Lincoln) … and put it this way … if you Nebraska peeps are not going there, you are doing it WRONG! :p

Tried 10 brews from Boiler and I was HIGHLY IMPRESSED! 3 of the ten were absolutely outstanding … AlcoHall & Oates (RIS that will be barrel aged for their 1 year anniversary in April 2017) … Hop Heaver Double IPA …. Raspberry Tart (which resembles New Glarus’ offering – that's a good thing).

For a brewery that’s only been open a month, Boiler’s beers are super impressive – rich flavors, nothing thin … easily the best overall lineup I’ve had from any brewery in the state of Nebraska (now I haven't tried them all, but have had my fair share).

Plus the space is super cool … in a basement of a historic building – has this sort of speakeasy steampunk vibe. They also have both crowlers and PINTS TO-GO (to-go pints come in this super cool glass jar thing). Really dug it – I predict much more goodness in the future from these guys. Go there now! :D

H3DVvu.gif

If anywhere near you has Wonder Twins IPA on tap you should go there.

You should also go buy all the Farmers
Wave and Tomes that are probably turding it up at Beertopia.
Thanks for the heads up. Not taking anything with me. Other than the Knee Deep 8th anniversary crowler that I'll drink in the hotel. This corner is crazy with beer.

Back