New Avenues, volunteer for breakfast and win beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digita7693

Reaction score
This went well and was successful last year, so lets do it again:)

A second chance to win some beer, instead of donating beers, as mentioned in this thread, you can donate your time.

Since Brews for New Avenues is coming up I wanted to try and connect you all to our mission a bit more. Brews is a lot of fun, but amongst all the amazing beers to consume and lots to bid on I feel the mission of New Avenues is lost at times and am hoping to connect you all, the community, to New Avenues a bit more.

From now until mid August I would like to challenge you all to volunteer to serve breakfast at New Avenues, to get more of a sense of who we are serving, the importance of doing this and how you all can help.
Each time you serve breakfast you will be entered into a drawing for a 750ml bottle of Cantillon.

Breakfast is at New Avenues on SW 9th ave from 8am - 9:30am.
The following dates are currently available:
Wednesday, 6/24
Tuesday, 6/30
Thursday, 7/2
Wednesday, 7/8

Please contact me to signup!

cheers
Don

So far we have:

Wednesday, 6/24 Dimensionx + 2
Tuesday, 6/30 exitmusic +1?, MikeC
Thursday, 7/2 Chickunwing +1?, Tabortime +2
Wednesday, 7/8 Vurt, crusian

Last edited:
So these are pretty much full, granted if someone wants to jump in on one of the dates, besides 7/2, that is more than fine.
I will organize some more dates soon.

Cheers
Don

Wednesday, 6/24 Dimensionx + 2
Tuesday, 6/30 exitmusic, MikeC
Thursday, 7/2 Chickunwing +1?, Tabortime +2
Wednesday, 7/8 Vurt, crusian

Last edited:
Chickunwing just a friendly reminder that you are scheduled to serve breakfast on Thursday July 2nd.

@ Everyone, feel free to regal your tales of waffle supremacy or inadequacy too, I am sure others would like to hear as well.

Cheers
Don

MikeC and I slung breakfast yesterday, and it was a great experience! We clearly are not to be trusted with waffles, so adjustments were made and we whipped up scrambled eggs, sausage links and sautéed bell peppers. We had a small turnout, unfortunately, but those who did take part were engaging and appreciative. :)

Kidding aside, after breakfast Sam gave us a tour and provided an overview of the services NAfY provides...as a social worker myself, I was truly awe-struck and inspired by the agency's clear mission, the comprehensive array of services available, and the overall dedication to serving young adults experiencing homelessness. I was honored and humbled to provide a small contribution to such a fantastic cause.

Big thanks to Digita7693 for organizing this...thanks Don!

Chickunwing just a friendly reminder that you are scheduled to serve breakfast on Thursday July 2nd.

@ Everyone, feel free to regal your tales of waffle supremacy or inadequacy too, I am sure others would like to hear as well.

Cheers
Don

Thanks, it was great. I managed to crack 59 eggs with out dropping a single bit of shell. Number 60 was not as successful. Luckily I specialize in shell recovery. It was nice to meet Tabortime and his wife as well. To echo what exitmusic00 said, it was really great to learn a bit more about New Avenues and the amazing work they do. There is a huge need for places like this in our community. They go beyond just offering help, they empower people to change their own lives by show them a path and offering support when it's needed.

Happy to have helped even a little, and look forward to doing it agin in the future. Also really excited for the part where I can support them by just drinking awesome beer. http://www.brewsfornewavenues.org/

Random number generator strikes again, sorry no clever (read lame) drawings this year.
Anyway dimensionx won, congrats!!! please see teddyarrowhead for your prize that I passed on to him.

Thank you all sooooo much. I love seeing the beer community get involved and serving breakfast and being a part of what New Avenues is doing. I will do this again next year, but feel free to volunteer anytime:)

Cheers
Don

giphy.gif

Totally forgot about this! Thanks again for throwing another great party for such a great cause.

cliparti1_thank-you-animated-gif_03.jpg

Back