NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by Os, Apr 12, 2013.

1. jdd419

jdd419

No way they take MT at #1. This front office actually seems to have a clue. His value isn't there. I think they might go grab him in the first but they value draft picks to much (Brock O trade).

Now if Garrett would get arrested or be Tunsil it could happen. But that dude loves football from interviews and things people have written. Will he be a great like Von Miller or a bust like Johnny Manzel? Only time will tell but he is an elite athlete at DE you have to take him. I was pissed they passed on bosa last year but Ogbah was pretty decent so adding Garrett will help ease that pain.

This draft is so deep on defense that reaching for a QB is pretty stupid imo.

Does San Fran trade the #2 pick you think if someone wants to jump up? Or do they stay and take Hooker, Allen, or Thomas?

Brubaker likes this.
  2. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

I'm assuming SF wants to trade down first and foremost (under the assumption that Garrett is gone). Thomas would be my pick next but I can honestly say I don't know who they would pick if they don't get an offer they think is fair

jdd419 likes this.
  3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Whoever drafts Trubisky in the first round will regret it.

4. Brubaker

Brubaker

FML

ant880, stxSS07, Gonzoillini and 10 others like this.
  5. Os

I don't hate him

6. jdd419

jdd419

So if the commissioner says this you will be ok with it?

With the second pick the San Francisco 49ers select Mitch Trubisky

7. Os

honestly... if Garrett is gone, my next option is trade down. After that, it's Solomon Thomas. Then, I'd probably be as ok with Trubisky as I would be with any other pick at 2. I just don't think anyone is worth #2. Sure, guys like Hooker probably have much higher ceilings but they are question marks too... I dunno...

I'd rather take a flier on a late round QB. Or if we traded down get a guy like Mahommes. Trubisky is probably my favorite QB prospect in this draft though... and I know there's a big bust potential there.

8. Thevicster

Thevicster

The Colts need to draft McCaffrey....that is all

Os likes this.
  9. jdd419

jdd419

He's definitely boom or bust (MT), I think Hooker is too. He could be Ed Reed or never play 6 games a season. He was great at OSU this year but he only started 1 season.

10. Os

Trubisky may not even be "boom"... but I think he has enough good traits that I would trust Shanny to bring out the best in him.

jdd419 likes this.
  11. Ben

Ben

Somehow he is will end up with the Pats, he will catch 100 receptions a year for the next 10 years and be a HOFer.

Evil always wins.

(God I hate the Pats)

sliverx, stxSS07, Gonzoillini and 6 others like this.
  12. jdd419

jdd419

His biggest problem will be the same as Tannehill when he came out, he just doesn't have a ton of game experience. Which will take time to develop him. Throwing him out there could be a bad idea.

13. Os

Tannehill doesn't seem to have instincts though.. and he was a WR... Trubisky seems to have more smarts and has been a QB even if only for a limited time at NC, he was in HS...

I'm comfortable with Hoyer for a year.. or at least 2/3 of the year

Ispeakforthetrees and ASUBeer like this.
  14. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Trubisky couldn't get past Marquise Williams (who?) on the depth chart a year ago. He put up one great statistical season at a bad football school and played in almost no big games. He'll need years, plural, to be NFL ready.

ant880, stxSS07, Gonzoillini and 3 others like this.
  15. Thevicster

Thevicster

I'm know you're joking but of all the teams in the NFL the one he won't go to is the Pats.

BB prefers his offensive players to match his personality.

Dull. Boring. Vanilla.

raginasian238 likes this.
  16. ASUBeer

ASUBeer

He was a much better QB than Marquise Williams, but there was a huge aspect of MT not starting that was due to seniority and team chemistry.

Agreed on not playing in big games, and his lack of experience means he'll take additional time in the NFL to come up to speed. He's got a crazy talented arm, and he's mentally very mature. I think he'll do well, and some team will reach in the top 5 for him. He also doesn't throw a great deep ball yet, which would be a little concerning to me.

17. jdd419

jdd419

Tannehill ref is most from lack of playing time in college. I have zero idea on his true game. I watched maybe 1 NC game this year. Just watching highlight film he seems like a decent prospect not the #1 pick though. I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns drafted him at 12. Just don't draft a QB at 22. Not a good spot for the Browns to draft a QB.

mateoloco likes this.
  18. brentsdodgers

brentsdodgers

On the radio out here Os they have been talking about trading back and hoping to land someone like Reuben Foster. Now with him having a "positive" drug test due to his urine being diluted at the combine, I'm wondering how far he will fall now. Does anyone else if their team was interested in this guy and if so what they are saying about it now? Also I can't seem to recall anyone else failing a drug test this way.

19. Os

flagged tests because of dilution happens quite a bit. Foster's character concerns before don't help. Mayock still said he's a surefire top 20 pick on his conference call just now.

as for the 9ers... I'd welcome a trade down if the compensation is decent. Doesn't even have to be the usual highway robbery

brentsdodgers likes this.
  20. furley

furley

as a Packers fan, who watched Williams in the pre-season, i can say that Trubisky's inability to climb past him on the depth chart either speaks ill of the coaching staff at UNC or... holy shit, Trubisky is bad.