Resolved No alerts for a watched thread

Discussion in 'Questions, comments, bugs, etc.' started by Respirologist, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Respirologist

Respirologist

I am watching the Hill Farmstead Thread and getting alerts as usual. Then I will get no alerts for some reason. I check and it still stays I am watching the thread. I then unwatch the thread and rewatch it and I receive normal alerts as I should. Then it happens again and I get no alerts. I repeat this process every week or so for the past several months. Been to lazy to actually do anything about it. Til now. Help !

2. Gene

Gene Administrator Staff Member

Does it appear in your "watched threads" list? You only get alerted once - so if you dismiss an alert, you won't get alerted again until you read the latest post in the thread.

tikk likes this.
  3. Respirologist

Respirologist

It does show in my watched threads. Perhaps I am just dumb and don't know how to use the site :oops:.
    I don't get many alerts, but maybe it coincides when I post in DDT and get a bunch of alerts I miss the HF one. Thats likely whats going on. Consider this closed.

Photekut likes this.
  4. Sage

Sage

Yeah to put it another way, when you hover over the “Alerts” thingie, if you then click through to a thread that you’re getting alerted about, you will continue to get alerts; if you don’t click through to that thread, your alerts for that thread will be on pause until after you visit that thread again.

Gene likes this.