No drinking beer?!

Discussion in 'Guys, what's ISO:FT?' started by HoppySpaceman27, Mar 13, 2016.

?

Longest time without drinking beer

1. 3-5 days

13.5%
  2. 1-2 weeks

24.3%
  3. 1+ months

54.1%
  4. Fuck that, beer till the death of me!

8.1%
  1. HoppySpaceman27

HoppySpaceman27

Just a few days ago, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. The pain isn't nearly as bad as I'd imagined, a few sharp stings come every now and then, but that isn't what's bothering me. According to the surgeon, I should avoid carbonated beverages for at least a week, including BEER! It's been some of the longest days of my life, but not much longer to wait now. To hold me over until then, I thought I'd create a thread to share some stories about how some of us had to hold off on drinking beer for a period of time for whatever reason. Feel free to tell any beer related story, or unrelated, share away!

Photekut likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh

Have you considered picking up some Lost Abbey bottles? Those aren't carbonated.

3. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

Obligatory Hair of the Dog carbonation comment.

4. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

This one time I had to wear an ankle bracelet and these men with badges would check on me and they didn't like it when I drank, so I stopped, true story.

5. holldy01

holldy01

Just drink aged flat stouts and barlywines. No carbonation in those so youre set.

6. Juice

Juice

I work in the "beer industry" and have access to basically unlimited free beer at all times but frequently go 4-5 days without consuming a proper pint/long neck/can. Feels better than when I was polishing off 6ers every night and burning through bombers like nobodys business.

jtmartino, MarcatGSB, Frank and 3 others like this.
  7. HoppySpaceman27

HoppySpaceman27

Haha true, pos get anal about any little thing

trickytunadicky and MarcatGSB like this.
  8. HoppySpaceman27

HoppySpaceman27

Free beer huh? Well you know, sharing is caring...but seriously it feels great to finally drink again. I actually did have some aged stouts (goose island 2015 bourbon county stout) and belgian dark ales (gouden carolous cuvee van de keizer) in the closet, but I want to wait a bit longer before cracking em open. I never liked overdoing my drinking, since im driving most of the day, but a partys always an exception lol

MarcatGSB and Juice like this.
  9. More Betterness

More Betterness

Did a month once just to verify I could do it.. Haven't looked back since!

trickytunadicky and RayP like this.
  10. sacrelicio

sacrelicio

I don't understand going a month without something I enjoy unless it's medically necessary.

11. sneakychi

sneakychi

Been doing a sober month at least once a year for the last couple of years, some years two months (not consecutive though, one in January and one after the summer).

Frank likes this.
  12. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Your doctor just said no oral consumption of carbonated beverages, right? You could take that Van de Keizer van de keister. There's nothing like a nice, cold beer for rinsing out the ol' prison wallet.

13. fosterjm

fosterjm

6 years ago in 2010. I lost 109 pounds in 4.5 months and didnt have a beer.
    Worst 4.5 months of my life.

14. jtmartino

jtmartino

Drink mead.

tosh, RayP and trickytunadicky like this.
  15. Lutter

Lutter

I got bad news for you: I got my 4 wisdom teeth out about 7 years ago and I spent the first couple days that I'd taken off doing 2 things: popping the provided vicodin and swinging back IPAs. Nothing bad happened except I was EXTREMELY happy the entire time.

16. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

I dieted about two years ago before we went on to Sanibel Island for vacation. I stopped drinking during the week and cutting my calories down to roughly 1000 a day. I lost about 30 lbs in 3 months. Unfortunately I put a lot of it back on and lost most of the good habits I started. So my wife and I are back to dieting. Tried to do it without fully cutting out beer during the week...that didn't work so well.

I am one miserable son of a bitch now. I've snapped at no less than 56 people at work. I can't wait for Friday when I can have a beer...or 19283701927390213.

17. hornydevil

hornydevil

Pro-tip: there are other tasty ways to get drunk besides beer

trickytunadicky likes this.
  18. nanobrew

nanobrew

Pro-tip: You don't have to comment in every thread, especially dead ones from a year ago

19. hornydevil

hornydevil

Thanks, bro. I'll keep that in mind.

trickytunadicky likes this.